Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - August 2014

Pseudoty

A hundred bucks for a 'free' polybag? Sheesh. I'll just build the thing from my own parts and the instructions leaked earlier. I know somewhere on Eurobricks is a digital render of the build in LDD but I can't get the site to come up right now.

I hear what you are saying.  It reminds me of the small car.  People go crazy for the sealed bags so I'll probably build on the way you are suggesting and then buy a set to get the polybag and help subsidize the cost.  Hold onto it for a year like the VW bus poly and a person is in pretty good shape though I'm not sure if the mini cooper has the same following as a VW Bus.

The August 2014 LEGO Store Calendar is now available in PDF download form.

HIGHLIGHTS:

1. FREE exclusive MINI Cooper Mini Model with purchases of $99 or more - August 1 - 31, 2014
  2. FREE Worriz' Fire Bike with purchases of $50 or more - August 25 - September 14, 2014
  3. Starting August 1, new Chima sets, during the month other sets will become available:
    1. Duplo
    2. Friends
    3. Star Wars
    4. Architecture Trevi Fountain
  4. VIP Members get early access to a NEW exclusive LEGO set - August 18 - 31, 2014
  5. LEGO MINI Cooper available for purchase - August 1, 2014

The VIP early access set is widely expected to be one of the two CUUSOO sets which are scheduled to be released in August 2014. Personally, I think we will be getting a Creator model, possibly another modular series set. 

Thoughts, opinion? Post below!

4901-EC-AUG2014-StoreCal.pdf

• Like 1

No dice. The Chima poly starts on the 25th. So if you want to maximize you have to wait till then and risk missing out on the Mini Cooper poly. Yeah TLC is smart that way :P

It is a risk that I'm willing to take. To be on the safe side, I will make a purchase at the beginning of the month to be sure that I get at least on Mini Cooper poly. If they are still available at the end of the month, I will make another purchase.

The August 2014 LEGO Store Calendar is now available in PDF download form.

HIGHLIGHTS:

1. FREE exclusive MINI Cooper Mini Model with purchases of $99 or more - August 1 - 31, 2014
  2. FREE Worriz' Fire Bike with purchases of $50 or more - August 25 - September 14, 2014
  3. Starting August 1, new Chima sets, during the month other sets will become available:
    1. Duplo
    2. Friends
    3. Star Wars
    4. Architecture Trevi Fountain
  4. VIP Members get early access to a NEW exclusive LEGO set - August 18 - 31, 2014
  5. LEGO MINI Cooper available for purchase - August 1, 2014

The VIP early access set is widely expected to be one of the two CUUSOO sets which are scheduled to be released in August 2014. Personally, I think we will be getting a Creator model, possibly another modular series set. 

Thoughts, opinion? Post below!

Thanks for the PDF.

I don't think the cooper is that attractive, I can see how ppl want it to match the big set, but I think it's blah...ugly color too

I agree with you rcdb. While the collector in me will set my Mini purchase date to get the free poly, I'm not seeing a great build here. The mini-camper was much nicer. This build reminds me of a lot of small, generic City cars for some reason. Similar build structure and look at first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

I agree with you rcdb. While the collector in me will set my Mini purchase date to get the free poly, I'm not seeing a great build here. The mini-camper was much nicer. This build reminds me of a lot of small, generic City cars for some reason. Similar build structure and look at first glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Yep, it could have just as easily been a standard Creator poly and said "City Race Car" or something bland like that and sat on the shelves for $4.99.  But call it the MINI Cooper and now you have hysteria.  While some may not like it, it will be wise to have them to pair with the MINI down the road or to sell separately.  It will be a money maker even if it is not on the same scale as the mini T1.

I might have missed the pictures, but is the large MC going to be that ugly green as well?

It seems a little weird to ask this since google exists but just in case:

http://www.google.fr/search?q=lego+mini+cooper&client=firefox-a&hs=Za1&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9j21U6zrFKah0QXs04DABw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1304&bih=674

• Like 1

Good point.  I think it's weird when people ask just about any question that can easily be answered in a few seconds with a google search... However, maybe the big MC looked so good on the calendar that he thought it was a picture of a real MC...  Just sayin', because initially, that's what I thought... Still though: Google.

I might have missed the pictures, but is the large MC going to be that ugly green as well?

Do people not understand that the "ugly green" is British racing green and is one of the most recognized automotive colors in the world?

• Like 1