Holy Grail of Star Wars

eferna

Building the set of ultimate awesomeness  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How long will it take to build and make a stop motion video of the 10179 Millennium Falcon?

• 1 week
    • 2 weeks
    • 3 weeks
    • 1 month
    • 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 months or more

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to go that route, but it was way more headache to get all the original parts and shipping would have cost me a lot. I am not left with the decision of where to place this huge monster. I absolutely have no place in my house to display this anywhere. 

Update July 29th

Got a lot more done over the week. The end is within site. I actually got tired of building the same set for so long, so I took a break and built the batmobile.

I totally understand. that is part of the reason why it took me so long building it.

Update July 29th

I actually got tired of building the same set for so long, so I took a break and built the batmobile.

I totally understand. that is part of the reason why it took me so long building it.

Building the same set for a while can get boring at times. Last Christmas, I had to take a break from building the Grand Emporium because the 2nd and 3rd floors were very repetitive. If/when I get the 10179, I will take my time building it and savor every step of it.

If I were a TLG exec, I would see people paying SIXTY cents a piece to build an iconic ship. I would see the new Star Wars movie revitalizing the base and with LEGO riding the high wave, I would release a 5000pc+ remake for $600 that's bigger and badder than the last.

If they don't do this they are allergic to money, plain and simple.

If I were a TLG exec, I would see people paying SIXTY cents a piece to build an iconic ship. I would see the new Star Wars movie revitalizing the base and with LEGO riding the high wave, I would release a 5000pc+ remake for $600 that's bigger and badder than the last.

If they don't do this they are allergic to money, plain and simple.

I'm sure LEGO has something special planned.  

I will say that I never got bored of that build.  It was awesome to see it come together and was in awe of the set when put together when you realize the time it must have taken to come up with it.  Modulars I can understand because there does seem to be a lot of the same step, but that isn't ever really the case with this set.  A lot of the same color, yes, but most of the steps are different save the landing gear.

If I were to make a time lapse of a building, I guess I would finishing the building first, then remove one brick and take a picture, then rince and repeat. Doing so, and reversing the pictures in the end, you can have a very "natural" time-lapse feeling, where the set is built strictly from bottom to top, and remains in a steady position.

• Like 2

I will say that I never got bored of that build.  It was awesome to see it come together and was in awe of the set when put together when you realize the time it must have taken to come up with it.  Modulars I can understand because there does seem to be a lot of the same step, but that isn't ever really the case with this set.  A lot of the same color, yes, but most of the steps are different save the landing gear.

I guess taking over 4000 pics while doing this make it tiresome. I definitely awe at the model and wonder how they even came up with this. Honeslty I not have a new respoect for people that do stop motion build. Its not for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...