Holy Grail of Star Wars

eferna

Building the set of ultimate awesomeness  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How long will it take to build and make a stop motion video of the 10179 Millennium Falcon?

• 1 week
    • 2 weeks
    • 3 weeks
    • 1 month
    • 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 months or more

Decided to give in and spend a chunk load of money on this set. Used and in good condition, Will be doing a stop motion build on this once I can verify all the pieces and sort them out.

Whatever you read about this set regarding the size  nothing will prepare you for it! once you get it!! This is a huge set and the number of bags is overwhelming to say the least. It is a true monster of a set! worth every $ I paid for it.

Enjoy!!

1_zpsd34710e9.jpg

2_zps74eefc23.jpg

3_zps48036ad8.jpg

4_zps2347d59b.jpg

5_zps9accd431.jpg

6_zpsf7a29310.jpg

7_zps767efb76.jpg

• Like 5

Decided to give in and spend a chunk load of money on this set. Used and in good condition, Will be doing a stop motion build on this once I can verify all the pieces and sort them out.

Whatever you read about this set regarding the size  nothing will prepare you for it! once you get it!! This is a huge set and the number of bags is overwhelming to say the least. It is a true monster of a set! worth every $ I paid for it.

Enjoy!!

I am jealous, super super jealous
  • Like 1

congratulations.  be sure to post pics once built.

i also suggest building it from the PDF.  the manual is sorta delicate and takes up too much space while building.

Thanks!! yeah manual is in good condition, plan on keeping it that way. Will try building it by the PDF online

Congrats.

Too bad the shipper went cheap on the shipping materials. For something that expensive I would have NOT put it in a custom made box with not enough bubble wrap. For $170 shipping I would expect at least bubble wrapping that cover the ENTIRE 10179 box :D :D :D

yeah good thing the box still came in good condition. At least all the pieces are there.    

I built mine with the intention of selling it after taking some photos, but fell in love and have it displayed on my stereo cabinet. It's a work of art. 

On a related subject, what do you guys think will happen to the value of this set when the next movie comes out? It's been confirmed that the Falcon will be featured in the film. Will the price shoot up even further? Or has it hit a ceiling?

• Like 1

It will probably go up even further, the fact that it's getting more exposure, the more people knows about it, then bigger chance people want to buy it.

I built mine with the intention of selling it after taking some photos, but fell in love and have it displayed on my stereo cabinet. It's a work of art. 

On a related subject, what do you guys think will happen to the value of this set when the next movie comes out? It's been confirmed that the Falcon will be featured in the film. Will the price shoot up even further? Or has it hit a ceiling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh78T--ZUxY

Awesome man, sometimes I dream about finding this set in the back of some garage sale lol.  Perhaps if this investing gig works out I'll spend some of the profits on one.

• Like 1

I can add a poll to the thread if you figure out what you want it to say for the question & options.

How about this

How long will it take to build and make a stop motion video of the Millennium Falcon 10179*

a) 1-2 weeks

B) 2-4 weeks

c) 1-2 months

d) 2 months or more

*assuming I build 10-12 hours every week

• Like 1