Thoughts About the January 2013 Lego Catalog

Ok, folks, the new catalog (January 2013) hit my house today and I just wanted to post some thoughts and then get some thoughts from everyone, so here goes: --My kids love the new Chima theme - without even watching the TV series, they're already trying to decide which tribe will be their favorites. I got to say, I'm kind of diggin the Cragger's Command Ship. TV series kicks off with a preview Wednesday, January 16. --The new Lego Connect app is pretty cool. It basically places an in-motion virtual image of the set on top of the picture of that set in the magazine. For some of the sets, you get directed to the Lego Designer Video for that set. I highly recommend the Razor's CHI Raider virtual image, the Heartlake City Pool virtual image, the Designer Video for Batman Arkham Asylum, and the Designer Video for the Horizon Express. --Still for sale: Grand Emporium (10211), Super Star Destroyer (10221), and of course, the Live Star (10188) --Noticably Absent: Tower Bridge (10214) and Fire Brigade (10197)

(10212) Imperial Shuttle -- absent from magazine, sold out (lego.com) *retiring soon (7965) Millennium Falcon -- absent from magazine, out of stock, expected ship date 20 Jan 2013 (lego.com) (10228) Haunted House -- included in magazine, available at lego.com LOTR replaced with The Hobbit -- expected Town Hall is listed at $199.99 in the magazine, $199.99 at lego.com, and $179.99 on Amazon.com (without discount). Odd. Grand Emporium shunned at the bottom of page 31. Foreshadowing EOL? It is nearly 3 years-old and a new corner building is arriving soon (Palace Cinema).

Nice catalog. What I expected with the exception of the Grand Emporium. I guess the Fire Brigade will go EOL first. Monster Fighters look like a done theme as well. Legends of Chima will be a big hit with kids...next Ninjago maybe? Couple of new Ninjago sets. Arkham asylum looks like a winner. Horizon Express another winner. Overall, a good mix, but no big Creator/Large Scale sets though.

Nice catalog. What I expected with the exception of the Grand Emporium. I guess the Fire Brigade will go EOL first. Monster Fighters look like a done theme as well. Legends of Chima will be a big hit with kids...next Ninjago maybe? Couple of new Ninjago sets. Arkham asylum looks like a winner. Horizon Express another winner. Overall, a good mix, but no big Creator/Large Scale sets though.

Makes sense that the Fire Brigade will go EOL first, it's discounted everywhere, whereas the GE is not yet. It's a bit counter intuitive since another corner building is coming out, but I think TLG is alternating corner and non-corner row buildings. Glad I picked up some FBs during the holidays with free shipping and discount.

I haven't got the catalog, is that something you need to request every time?

Miro

Makes sense that the Fire Brigade will go EOL first, it's discounted everywhere, whereas the GE is not yet. It's a bit counter intuitive since another corner building is coming out, but I think TLG is alternating corner and non-corner row buildings. Glad I picked up some FBs during the holidays with free shipping and discount.

I haven't got the catalog, is that something you need to request every time?

Miro

No...Should automatically come to your house.