Roller coasters, thrill rides, and other amusements

TheOrcKing

For those of you lucky to have visited one theme park or another, what were a few of your favorite rides or memories? I unfortunately cannot seem to recall much from the times I went to Disneyland, Six Flags Magic Mountain, or Universal Studios Hollywood in California growing up save for some tiny fragments. I can somewhat remember the original Star Tours ride at Disneyland and a little from Back to the Future: The Ride that used to be at Universal Studios Hollywood. Those were fantastic.

Star Tours

Back to the Future: The Ride

To help make this also Lego related, what attractions do you think could make great set designs?

I'm lucky enough to have Cedar Point and King's Island somewhat nearby.  My fondest memory is I was in line for The Beast with some friends, probably about 10 or so, early 80's.  It was after 9pm in the Summer, so it was dark.  They were blasting Queen's "We Will Rock You" and everyone in line was all hyped up (probably some drunks), stomping their feet and singing it at the top of their lungs.  If you've never ridden a mega-coaster in the dark, you're missing out.  The Beast is wooden coaster with almost a 3 minute ride, it has pitch black tunnel at the bottom of the first 135 ft. hill and a crazy 141 ft drop with a 65 mph double-helix turn that goes into another tunnel at it's top speed.

The Beast in the dark is one of my favorite coaster memories.

I think a LEGO Movie coaster at Legoland is inevitable.

Cedar Point is the best. Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force are ridiculous. Raptor is great too. I think they have more coasters than anyone. I love the giant arcade too. 

Cedar Point, "America's Roller Coast".  Millennium Force still tops many lists for best coaster.

It hurts riding the Millennium Force when it's sprinkling the rain, believe me.

• Like 1