Less than pleased with LEGO S@H packaging

BuckeyeFanDan

Anybody else have issues with the packaging that LEGO LEGO Shop at Home provides? I was fortunate enough to get a Minecraft set when it was available last week and it arrived today but the Minecraft box itself was absolutely crushed on one side. The box it was shipped it was a lot bigger than the set and the only packaging material in the box with the set was a set of four of those air bubbles but three of the four were flat, so there was basically no protection at all for the set. It makes me very hesitant to order a big expensive set via LEGO LEGO Shop at Home. Anybody else have experiences with the packaging (good or bad) from LEGO they want to share? I hope this was an isolated incident but somehow I feel it isn't.

I've had serious issues with LEGO Shop at Home lately. They sent me the limited edition holiday bonus set packed on top of a box stuffed full of stuff. Naturally it got crushed... like someone stomped on it crushed. I contacted customer service and they told me to return it for a replacement. I sent it in thinking I'd have a new set ASAP. Fast forward 3 weeks, and still no set. I contacted customer service and they said they hadn't received my set, but they would send a new one out anyway. So a few days later, I got ANOTHER crushed set. Except that this one was in its own box, crushed by the bubble packaging. I give up. I guess I'll stick with the crushed one.

I had a lady from England send me three Friends advent calendars. I didn't specify how to ship it since I haven't had issues with lazy shippers... yet. Well, she did nothing more than wrap it in green plastic wrap. If you haven't felt the advent calendars, they're probably the lowest gauge boxes Lego has. Really Flimsy! Naturally they were all crushed and of course she said it was the first time it ever happened. She wouldn't do anything more than file a grievance with the postal service. All I could do is give bad feedback and learn my lesson. Since then, I had a rash of people who sent crushed paper wrapped boxes; all of who claimed I was their first customer to have it crushed. Bottom line, I started telling them how I wanted it shipped. For larger companies, you really have to rely on their guarantees. I guess its just the price of doing business. But if you take the time to pack it properly, things will almost always get there OK.