21017 - Imperial Hotel

Guest idunno101

Guest idunno101

Via: toysnbricks The first 2013 LEGO Architecture set has been revealed in the Italian LEGO catalog! LEGO 21017 Imperial Hotel will contain 1188 pieces and will range from $90-$100. Available March 2013. The picture is listed below. It seems like a pretty big building since it has over 1100 pieces. Also it seems to be a pretty accurate representation of the Frank Lloyd Wright Imperial Hotel. I hope this becomes a popular architecture set.

Guest idunno101

Well I wasn't an architecture collector but looks like that's about to change. This set is a game changer!! Very EPIC!!!!

Yeah the architecture sets seem to keep getting bigger and better. Maybe the next one will be 2000 pieces lol. Remember when the architecture sets were tiny with around 100 pieces like the space needle or the rockefeller center, man has this series ever changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hated the architecture sets 2 months ago! now i have falling water and robie house and imperial hotel will be the 3rd!

Haha yeah I've never been a fan of them much. I do like falling water and the robie house a lot though. I could definitely see myself buying those two sets to build at some point.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone talked to lego customer support about the 'Imperial Hotel' missing from LEGO Shop at Home? The link is still live - http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Imperial-Hotel-21017?_requestid=1462924

But it's not listed on the architecture themes page - http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Architecture-ByTheme?bcBack=yes

And there is no 'add to cart' or sold out or any tags at all....

It's also not listed on Target's website, but TRU + Walmart do have it listed and in stock. The set is almost 2 years old (1yr 10 m) so I wouldn't be surprised if it is about to retire. Also I've seen LEGO remove a set from the listing and them add it back, but usually with a new status. If target still had it listed I would say there is more time, but I think it's done since they removed the listing.

• 5 months later...

Curious what other folks are finding on this set. 

When i find it in B&M B&N stores the date stamps are almost exclusively EARLY 2013. I've found some from early 2014, but nothing new, and almost always from 2013. What are you finding? 

I think it's common for this line for the much larger sets. THey dont sell with the volume as the smaller sets. Perhaps why we only see new sets in the 59.99 and lower price points for a few years now. It also means that a very long shelf life doesnt always mean there are a ton of these out there. Robie House proved that out already.

By comparison, i just found some White Houses with brand new current month 2015 date seals.

Edited by mudcatsfan

When i find it in B&M B&N stores the date stamps are almost exclusively EARLY 2013. I've found some from early 2014, but nothing new, and almost always from 2013. What are you finding? 

I think it's common for this line for the much larger sets. THey dont sell with the volume as the smaller sets. Perhaps why we only see new sets in the 59.99 and lower price points for a few years now. It also means that a very long shelf life doesnt always mean there are a ton of these out there. Robie House proved that out already.

By comparison, i just found some White Houses with brand new current month 2015 date seals.

23R4

• 2 weeks later...

I found a few more minty fresh boxes with 2013 Seal codes last week. Wouldnt it be funny if this set has been out of production for months but we never find out because nobody buys them enough to get it to 'sold out' status ? :)

I'm almost tempted to buy one direct from Lego to see what those codes are.

Edited by mudcatsfan

• 4 months later...