Price Guide Update: The Empire Strikes Back Edition

Just a quick note that the April and May (2014) Data is now available.  I am just going to ask that you still give me a day or so to filter through some stuff.  This is basically "hot off the presses", so there may be some anomalies that I find and filter out.  For the LEGO virtual investing game going on, if you do an update that is fine, let people know where they are, but again, I may ask you to re-run it in a day or two.  I am just happy that the data is now there.  I will also looking through the new sets that have been released to make sure they have values.

An interesting thing to note which Ed as mentioned in many of his postings is that since the announcement of the new Star Wars movies that the Star Wars theme may see a surge. The Falcon #10179 is now over $3000, Star Wars sets have taken over the Brick Index showing strong gains over the past few months and the theme as a whole has seen close to a 2% increase.  Is the Force strong again with this theme?

Here are a few bits of info from the latest update.  Below are the biggest movers and losers by percentage.  We are planning on having a bunch of quick access reports like this in the premium information which allows  you to get a great snapshot of what is going on from month to month. It will be a great way for you to identify if there are sets out there that you should be keeping a closer eye on (good or bad).

WINNERS

bp_1402778420__2014-06-14_16-38-06.png

LOSERS

bp_1402778487__2014-06-14_16-31-58.png

• Like 7

I'm not sure if this is something I should post here, elsewhere, or not at all, but on the off-chance it is at all helpful in validating the data:

On April 26th, I had a BIN listing sell for lego 6252 "Sea Mates".  Being a pretty old set, there are very few auctions for this item.  The updated data shows that 0 were sold for April/May, but I know that isn't true.  This led me to wonder if there's something wrong with my listing, or if there is something missing from the data imported.  

If it helps, here is some info on my listing:

Title: LEGO 6252 Sea Mates - NIB (minor shelf ware) Pirates 1993

Type: Bricks, Parts & Pieces, Figures

Brand: Lego

Product Identifiers Brand LEGO Model Pirates Sea Mates MPN

Thanks for all of the work that is put into maintaining this website and providing this vital data.  Seriously I'm grateful.  I'm not posting this with the "something is wrong fix it!" attitude.  I'm hoping it may be useful in debugging/validating is all.

I'm not sure if this is something I should post here, elsewhere, or not at all, but on the off-chance it is at all helpful in validating the data:

On April 26th, I had a BIN listing sell for lego 6252 "Sea Mates".  Being a pretty old set, there are very few auctions for this item.  The updated data shows that 0 were sold for April/May, but I know that isn't true.  This led me to wonder if there's something wrong with my listing, or if there is something missing from the data imported.  

If it helps, here is some info on my listing:

Title: LEGO 6252 Sea Mates - NIB (minor shelf ware) Pirates 1993

Type: Bricks, Parts & Pieces, Figures

Brand: Lego

Product Identifiers Brand LEGO Model Pirates Sea Mates MPN

Thanks for all of the work that is put into maintaining this website and providing this vital data.  Seriously I'm grateful.  I'm not posting this with the "something is wrong fix it!" attitude.  I'm hoping it may be useful in debugging/validating is all.

No your fine, i appreciate you telling me.  Sometimes the year number will throw it off and it was marked to not be used.  It is there now.

I'm surprised not more people are excited about the STAR WARS theme making a comeback. It has been dogging it for awhile.

Didn't you say something about how the upcoming Star Wars movies should help reignite peoples interest in the theme overall back when we first heard about the latest trilogy? I'll mainly be glad to see some new vehicles and characters introduced into the mix.

Didn't you say something about how the upcoming Star Wars movies should help reignite peoples interest in the theme overall back when we first heard about the latest trilogy? I'll mainly be glad to see some new vehicles and characters introduced into the mix.

Yes I did. It is nice to see that I am right once in a while. We will see if the growth continues.

Well if you look at the stats for the skiff, there were almost 1,800 sold by Target at a low price, so that is why it is low at the moment, it will rebound.

Ahh, that explains it. I guess I was referring more to the investing game, lots of people have Skiffs and it may or may not rebound in the next couple months. It was a great choice up until retailers decided to slash the prices  :)

No your fine, i appreciate you telling me.  Sometimes the year number will throw it off and it was marked to not be used.  It is there now.

Thank you sir!  Not sure if it's important, but the value shown for April in the updated data doesn't match the sale that I'm referring to.  Mine sold for $40.00 pre-shipping.  

Would you mind looking into the data for 21000 Willis Tower? The price has been stagnant for some time now. Maybe some glitch with the name change between Sears and Willis?

I think the data for Sears and Willis are both combined under 21000-1 Sears Tower, which makes sense as they are essentially the same set with just a different name.

Also for 21021 Marina Bay Sands...

Don't think this has been released yet?  Therefore, any Ebay Sales in Apr/May?