SodaStream

TheOrcKing

I'm glad that you mention this (even though it's 1:14 AM, ha) as I was also looking at purchasing one of these machines. I had the opportunity to try a majority of the flavors I thought I would like and liked most of them, and to my joy I did. I tried the Doctor whatever it was, the orange drink, cherry and cola, all and all taste like the brands they were trying to replicate, but as I don't always drink the same stuff, I can't exactly say what the differences, think how we can tell changes in quality from brand to brand like LEGOs to Best lock to Mega Bloks to Kre-O, ect. If you like drinking drinks with flavor as I do, the machine pays for itself. It is much cheaper than regular soda and doesn't contain all the nasty junk that diet sodas do. The machine is very easy to operate, just a simple button press. Doing the math, if precise you can expect to make 12 liters of soda for a price of 7.50 each, but after that the cost will go down to 4.16, then 3.05, ect, so eventually price will go down and be cheaper than store bought soda, as I got the price by taking the original price of the machine and adding the cost of a two pack which makes 12 liters, so on and forth. I think value will be seen more by those who are willing to WAIT, and HOLD, and use TIME to their advantage, sound similar? ;) Ha, but I hope you enjoy yours, I would like to get one in the next couple of months.

The one TOK bought Is the high end one which is nice but I've found the entry level model does the same job and it's much less expensive.

I actually didn't buy any machine or CO2 canisters. I just used the image posted 'cause I thought it looked nice. Ha. All I use is a couple of cleaned out typical 2-liter bottles, mix in the flavoring, and let it chill in the fridge for a while. Cheap, quick, and, well, cheap. :)

I own one, it's not very good if you add some sirup (orange, starwberry) because it doesn't mix very well.

It's cheap drinking, you have the (low) quality you paid for.

I used my two bottles of gas, and now I don't consider having another one.

I have one and love it. I don't even use any flavoring. I just carbonate the water and drink it plain. I was spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on perrier and peligrino before I bought my 100 dollar soda stream. Highly recommended!!!

Indeed when you drink it like perrier it seems to be kind of the same, I understand that you like it.

But unlike perrier which you can add some mint flavor, with the sodastream the result is not that good IMO.

Well to be fair, it's quite ok if instead of some sirup you add some "pulco" (I don't know if this brand exists in the USA) because the mix is better.

Note that you have to put the flavor after "creating" your water. If you put the sirup in the water, and then in the sodastream, it makes a lot of foam and can damage the machine.

have one that accepts the 130L canisters, bought 20oz paintball empties (130L equivalents) and a mod adapter on ebay. 3.99/each to fill at dicks with every fifth fill for free. one must be crazy to pay $15 for a 60L exchange at retailers. dont use the flavored sugar packets it came with as their quality is terrible.