The End of Brickpoints & Congrats to these Members

As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, we are ending the Brickpoints program here on Brickpicker. Ending Brickpoints was both and easy and a hard decision for Ed and I.  We really like the points program and have generated dozens of ideas for how to earn them and how to spend them.  Of course Brickpoints was going to play a large focus in Brick Classifieds until we really started to ask the questions of how we wanted to do things in the future. Getting feedback, seeing what people are doing on the site all start to help you make changes and move in a new direction.  Points are great, but most people really like payment of real tangible items.  Moving forward, we would also like to try and make certain things more streamlined in simple for new members.

This does not mean that we are done rewarding people for helping to build the community.  As I mentioned in a prior post, we want to try and keep focused and work with members to build solid content.  Helping the site can earn you gift cards, possibly free subscriptions to premium content when that appears or depending on how well Brick Classifieds is doing, you can get bonus time on the home page as a featured vendor or free advertising on the site to help boost your store exposure.  There will be plenty of options that will help make your LEGO life just a little better.

Below is a list of members that achieved at least 5,000 Brickpoints.

I will be contacting each of the members and sending the an Amazon Gift Card Code to you via PM/Email. 

DoNotInsertIntoMouth $100.00 
------------------------------------------
Grolim $75.00 
MartinP $60.00 
comicblast $35.00 
TheOrcKing $25.00 
Quacs $25.00 
Fcbarcelona101 $25.00 
eightbrick $25.00 
exciter1 $25.00 
Noodlenut $15.00 
Huskers1236 $15.00 
seapotato $15.00 
Lenjon $15.00 
Veegs $15.00 
stephen_rockefeller $15.00 
Darth_Raichu $15.00 
jaisonline $15.00 
Alcarin $15.00 
idunno101 $15.00 
Darth Lego $15.00 
Migration $15.00 
Bold-Arrow $15.00 

Thank you to these members for all of your contributions.  I am sure all of you will find ways to benefit in future programs as well!
  • Like 8

$25, sweet. Is there a chance of maybe getting a Target or Walmart giftcard instead? This is awkward but I am probably the only person who never uses Amazon at all. (They charge sales tax in my state for starters.) Plus I can do a pricematch at Target first then use the giftcard to make best use of it. I'm honestly not trying to come across as ungrateful; just asking if an alternative is possible.

$25, sweet. Is there a chance of maybe getting a Target or Walmart giftcard instead? This is awkward but I am probably the only person who never uses Amazon at all. (They charge sales tax in my state for starters.) Plus I can do a pricematch at Target first then use the giftcard to make best use of it. I'm honestly not trying to come across as ungrateful; just asking if an alternative is possible.

Already purchased.  Everyone will be getting them shortly

I know your covered your a$$ by saying all that extra stuff, but man, this just comes off bad and you are a mod. I feel so bad for these guys.  I really do.  They try so hard to do things for people on this site, and one of their own mods comes back and is like, "Can I just make it better for myself but make it harder for you!" Wow 

Already purchased. Everyone will be getting them shortly

Cool, thank you. Maybe it will convert me over to Amazon like the rest of you guys afterall.

I know your covered your a$$ by saying all that extra stuff, but man, this just comes off bad and you are a mod. I feel so bad for these guys. I really do. They try so hard to do things for people on this site, and one of their own mods comes back and is like, "Can I just make it better for myself but make it harder for you!" Wow

As the phrase goes, "You don't know until you ask" so that is what I did. I can't help how it came across and I'm sorry it ended up sounding tactless.
  • Like 1

I know your covered your a$$ by saying all that extra stuff, but man, this just comes off bad and you are a mod. I feel so bad for these guys.  I really do.  They try so hard to do things for people on this site, and one of their own mods comes back and is like, "Can I just make it better for myself but make it harder for you!" Wow 

I don't think TOK meant anything by it, maybe a PM next time so you don't upset ANYONE...TOK? :)

Congrats to all

I don't think TOK meant anything by it, maybe a PM next time so you don't upset ANYONE...TOK? :)

Congrats to all

I know TOK is a good guy on the site and does a ton for it.  It is his own business.  I guess I just look at it that these guys just shelled out basically $600 in gift cards to people.  No other lego website does that for their members.  None..  Very generous and honest.

I know TOK is a good guy on the site and does a ton for it. It is his own business. I guess I just look at it that these guys just shelled out basically $600 in gift cards to people. No other lego website does that for their members. None.. Very generous and honest.

Even though I did not mean to be disrespectful towards Jeff, that doesn't change the fact of how it sounded anyway so again I apologize. That is a lot of cash given freely to a handful of members very few people would have the heart to do and for that among other things Jeff has my sincere gratitude.

-1 , unlike :)

Damn, I was so close to that Falcon :(

It was sold two years ago... :taunt: On topic, thanks to all the winners.  When the site update is finished, we will offer members the chance to earn gift cards for blogs and quality reviews.  We will also run some monthly contests from time to time for various site activities.  I just want to let people know that any contests that were being run by the Mods will have some actual gift cards or LEGO sets as a prize, instead of the BrickPoints.  More on that later...