Opinions, Experiences and comments

Hi guys I've been on brick picker for a little while now, I am a collector of Lego's and Star wars toys. I like to trade, sell and buy them. I am doing a survey of my own as far as experiences that you like or dislike about selling on ebay, or even what you like in websites like this. I appriciate the feedback and also getting to know you all more. Obradkenobi21

Welcome to Brickpicker!

As for your personal survey, one of the main reasons I like this site is that as a family we are all into Lego. This site provides lots of good information to help feed/fund our Lego addiction and it also provides a good personal touch. Most of the people here are seem genuinely interested in being good people and not just squeezing every last cent from people. In fact, the Macks lead by example providing this website for free to their users.

With respect to eBay .. I can't stand it lately but it's necessary evil IMO. Nothing better to take it's place but they sure are a greedy bunch (eBay and many of the sellers). I don't shop on Amazon (the Canadian site just sucks for product)  but I do love Bricklink. I can't wait for the Brick Classifieds (I'm not quite ready to mass-sell my stock) as there are a few older sets I'm still looking for.

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

• Like 1

Hi guys I've been on brick picker for a little while now, I am a collector of Lego's and Star wars toys. I like to trade, sell and buy them. I am doing a survey of my own as far as experiences that you like or dislike about selling on ebay, or even what you like in websites like this. I appriciate the feedback and also getting to know you all more. Obradkenobi21

I don't understand your survey and what it is for?  Are those the only two questions?  What do you like/dislike about ebay and brickpicker?  What will this do?

I don't understand your survey and what it is for?  Are those the only two questions?  What do you like/dislike about ebay and brickpicker?  What will this do?

He's new, he'd like some input. Survey was perhaps not the best choice of words, but basically he's just looking for advice. What this will do is advise him. :D

OP - eBay has buyers, that's why a fair few sellers use it. eBay is also a giant foaming bureaucracy with only the sketchiest knowledge of most of the things that are sold there, and that leads them to do a lot of stuff that drives people bonkers. Run the numbers, and if it makes sense to sell there, you sell there. If not, not.

While this site isn't a giant foaming bureaucracy ;) it too will have certain rules and eventually certain fees to sell here. You run the numbers, and if it makes sense, you try it.

Ditto Amazon, Bricklink, Brick Owl, etc. etc.

Welcome. I too use ebay as a necessary evil and would replace them in a heartbeat with something else that got similar traffic and had lower fees. This site has been great so far.

Sorry, you will not find a site with traffic like eBay and lower fees.  eBay is one off the busiest sites in the world.  

• 4 weeks later...