Thread of Packaging Excellence

So Target has just been really bad for me with at least 20 to 30 percent of arriving units this past month.  Many of them arriving damaged - badly creased, punctured boxes, you name it.  Some caused with the overstuffed packaging materials.  The security stickers are another big problem I'm encountering.  Seems a lot of my units were pulled directly off the shelves where security at these stores seems to be a really big problem.  I've tried using the blow dryer which gets the sticker off no problem, but I'm having issues getting the goo off.  I've tried GoofOff, but that only seems to dig into the box discoloring it.  I'm sure I can push a lot of these units off on ebay later down the line, but they are no bueno for Amazon.  Anyone have another solution or non toxic chemical to get rid of the goo?  ,

Edited by LegoBro

37 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

So Target has just been really bad for me with at least 20 to 30 percent of arriving units this past month.  Many of them arriving damaged - badly creased, punctured boxes, you name it.  Some caused with the overstuffed packaging materials.  The security stickers are another big problem I'm encountering.  Seems a lot of my units were pulled directly off the shelves where security at these stores seems to be a really big problem.  I've tried using the blow dryer which gets the sticker off no problem, but I'm having issues getting the goo off.  I've tried GoofOff, but that only seems to dig into the box discoloring it.  I'm sure I can push a lot of these units off on ebay later down the line, but they are no bueno for Amazon.  Anyone have another solution or non toxic chemical to get rid of the goo?  ,

Do you mean the red circle dot tag? I had sent many of these tag to FBA without any problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LegoBro said:

The "this item electronically protected" security sticker plastered right in front of the box. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Fortunately my local stores put this sticker on the bottom of the box, not the front.  I have been able to get them off with hair dryer and Goo Gone, but it definitely takes more work than your standard Target clearance sticker.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

They take your word about the damage but cry too many times and the ban hammer falls.

Yeah I guessed that may be the case, I was hoping I could send them the photos first as I was only thinking £5-£10 refund but they refunded 25% which is crazy, I wasn't going to say no.

1 minute ago, richiej1979 said:

Yeah I guessed that may be the case, I was hoping I could send them the photos first as I was only thinking £5-£10 refund but they refunded 25% which is crazy, I wasn't going to say no.

It´s usually 15% max. Maybe they took it off full RRP or they mixed up % and GBP.

Got a Saturn V and key chains and promo set from SAH. Promo set box is in excellent condition. Have to say that this is the best packaged set I have received from them. A+ to Lego.
20180202_124720.thumb.jpg.40667639284de9924e527c6c03d5f411.jpg

My Saturn V and Promo came exactly the same way... except the promo box was crushed. Managed to have them send a replacement before it sold out.

Sent from my A1-830 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Just got my order of Windmill and Bricks on a Roll from Walmart. I was pretty nervous waiting to get them knowing Walmart's shipping reputation, but I have to say I was impressed when I opened them. Each set came in a separate shipping box and both sets arrived without a ding. Thank you Walmart!

20180208_151104.jpg

20180208_151010.jpg

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, mtchrs said:

Recent delivery from SAH, promo arrived perfect but diner not so.
Customer services will be getting a call on Monday

They are cracking down. I called up this morning to complain about a dent (not as bad as yours) in 2 of my 6 Woman of NASA sets and I was asked, "Are you building, collecting or reselling these?" to which I replied, "Neither, I'm giving them away as presents". I was supposed to get a call back within the hour, I never did. Since LEGO seldom have decent discounts or promos that make up for the lack of, I couldn't care less if I'm banned or not as exclusives no longer exist in the UK. I do NOT accept shoddy boxes - period!

That's bad customer service. It's none of their business why your are buying it. If they are allowing people to buy more than one then whys the problem. You're entitled to have them arrive in nice condition and they have a duty to send you a product in good shape 

Send them all back Tabby boy.

has anyone in Europe ever been banned? Doesn't seem like it (recently at least)

• Like 1