Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - July 2014

TheOrcKing

Where's BOOYAKASHA from? Confused...

Sorry, I was referring to the calendar where right beside the turtles it says "Build a totally awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!" and then there is a large phrase of "BOOYAKASHA!" spreading across July 11 & 12. I've never heard of it before therefore my initial confusion.

the new tmnt don't say cowabunga - they say ... booyahcacha

Well, that problem solved then.

....Still have no idea what it means.

• Like 1

Okay, a brief search across the internet has lead me to a disturbing tidbit. Supposedly the word "Booyakasha" roughly translated from Jamaican means "Death to the white man". Now being the internet, I don't know how much legitimacy is even behind that at all plus I can't see the writers of a kids show using a word with a meaning like that behind it and you know there is always someone out there trying to stir up some stupid race war usually through places like Youtube if you brave reading the comments section.

In any case, "cowabunga" still sounds way past cool over the other one that hurts my tongue trying to say it.

I watched the original Turtles and now watch the new show with the kids.  I was originally a little bummed about the Cowabunga thing, but the show is really good, so I don't mind.  They did one episode that ties into the original cartoon, it was a short bit but it made the original seem a little lame compared to the where the new show is.

• Like 1

Well, this just about killed my childhood....

Give the new NICK series a chance.  I grew up on TMNT and their cereal as a kid.  I was a diehard, and I was skeptical about this newer series. 

They've done a fantastic job redoing it and it's easily one of my favorite shows on TV right now.  It's extremely funny and well written.

I watched the original Turtles and now watch the new show with the kids.  I was originally a little bummed about the Cowabunga thing, but the show is really good, so I don't mind.  They did one episode that ties into the original cartoon, it was a short bit but it made the original seem a little lame compared to the where the new show is.

Will they have to edit earlier Simpsons episodes? Cowabunga was Bart's favorite phrase for some time...