New Exclusives: UCS Tumbler, UCS Slave I, Mini Cooper, Exo Suit and more...

So I'm guessing since we're gettng the Research Institute we will not be getting a Legend of Zelda, Adventure Time, or anyone of the 'cool projects', all opinion based mind you, from the current review stage... :( But of course that is assuming it is the Female Minifigure set after all, it could very well be a Sherlock set, or LEGO could be doing the Female Minifigure set as a filler set to fill the gap between releases and then we'll get another project from the review cycle, but then again that is assuming what I stated beforehand and also assuming we would be getting two sets to begin with anyway.

I finally decided to get the Mixer set, it's too unique not to have it! Now I need to decide if I sell or keep the balloon cart polybag.

It would fit nicely with the set, but would also save me some money if I decide to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Order two Ecto-1s and grab a second to sell. Definitely keep 1.

Much as I like the Tumbler, I would rather have a UCS version of the classic Adam West Batmobile or even the original Tim Burton one. Either of those felt like Batman whereas the Tumbler just came across as a really big military vehicle. Somehow in a weird twist, I wonder if it will end up being based around the newest Ben Affleck Batman franchise since that is the direction where the whole thing will be going soon.

same thoughts here.  if it's the tumbler... 7888's tumbler is nearly perfect.  only things missing are a 2nd set of rear wind flaps and the built-in batpod.  it has pretty much everything already: nearly minifig scale, two seats, big tires, far firing black clown nose missile, very durable except for the wind flaps, etc...

the nolan movies are done and i'm not sure if the tumbler is considered iconic enough.  heck, it seems like nolan didn't want batman driving it in the the 3rd film (one of them could have easily been painted black in the story. instead, a gimpy batman was going full throttle on the batpod instead of a more roomy tumbler). 

maybe there's a slim chance it could still be a diff version like the 1966 or 1989 one.  however, any batmobile is better than no batmobile

An interesting thought came up yesterday while at the LEGO store from an acquaintance. He suggested that according to this picture (https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/1902994_10152088395493403_7937711505540817862_n.jpg), every set has been made except for the one Batman is leaning on which is the 66 Batmobile. It is the 75th anniversary so maybe LEGO has something planned for that. From that note, my theory about the Tumbler is pretty much shot down. Seeing that the set is $200, the 66 Batmobile better have a lot of details on it to make it a definite purchase.

Personally I would take a decent Tumbler over both of those designs. I prefer the previous UCS Batmobile over these, which I thought was pretty good for what it was. That being said, if they went back into the Batman UCS vehicle department there would be many happy geeks.

Got to agree on that account. In a perfect world, we`de get all 3 designs, thus pleasing everyone, but Lego already did a take of these older Batmobiles with 7784, and even though the secondary market prices are substantial, and it would make sense to release a remake at this point, a Tumbler would be better. They`ve never done it, not on a large scale, and of all the Batman films released in history (seen them all multiple times each), The Dark Knight from 2008 is hands down the best. Everyone got they`re favourite of course, not infringing on that (the Adam West on really is pretty funny), just saying that it would be great to see something different and more modern released.

And of course, it`s a Tumbler! Lego owes it to us to make a superior model with that atrocious looking little vehicle from last year in the Bane set. It`s a bloody pipsqueak! :rofl:

Also as a side note, they will be more films coming out. They haven`t released any images of the Batmobile to be featured in Batman vs Superman (besides the one with Ben Affleck, but there isn`t much detail shown), but I`d major we could very well get more sets and perhaps another UCS scale Batmobile a few years from now. Why not? The money isn`t going to stop rolling, so it`s practically a guarantee for more product.  

Got to agree on that account. In a perfect world, we`de get all 3 designs, thus pleasing everyone, but Lego already did a take of these older Batmobiles with 7784, and even though the secondary market prices are substantial, and it would make sense to release a remake at this point, a Tumbler would be better. They`ve never done it, not on a large scale, and of all the Batman films released in history (seen them all multiple times each), The Dark Knight from 2008 is hands down the best. Everyone got they`re favourite of course, not infringing on that (the Adam West on really is pretty funny), just saying that it would be great to see something different and more modern released.

And of course, it`s a Tumbler! Lego owes it to us to make a superior model with that atrocious looking little vehicle from last year in the Bane set. It`s a bloody pipsqueak! :rofl:

Also as a side note, they will be more films coming out. They haven`t released any images of the Batmobile to be featured in Batman vs Superman (besides the one with Ben Affleck, but there isn`t much detail shown), but I`d major we could very well get more sets and perhaps another UCS scale Batmobile a few years from now. Why not? The money isn`t going to stop rolling, so it`s practically a guarantee for more product.

7784 is a take on the 1940s Batmobile with the mask near the front

• Like 1

I always thought the 2006 Batman 1 Batmobile was a nice rendition of the 1989 film. A 2 seater version of this would be cool.

I like the latter but the 7888 Tumbler is a 2 seater beast :)

The 2012 version is also cool once the yellow elements are replaced for darker owns. It's also much more sturdy than the 2006 one.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

I guess I'm weird that all I cared about on that list was the Exo-Suit!

At 34.95 I'm going to buy tons of them...And open all of them and make an Exo-Suit army!

Then buy a bunch more to horde as my first true Lego investment.  I don't care if turn out to be a stinker as an investment; whenever I see one, I'll buy it!