How long did your dark ages last?

Almost 3 years, in that time and picked up the occasional set, but was not at all serious about doing so. I got back into the hobby seriously about 2 years ago, and have never been going stronger  :thumbsup:

Oh mighty Lego, forgive thou for every leaving you  :console:

I only came out of my dark ages within the last year or so.  In total, it was around 16 or 17 years I suppose.  From 12-13 until 29.  During which time my Mom convinced me to give all my LEGO to my younger cousins.  Who then proceeded to abuse pretty thoroughly until it all melted in a fire a few years ago.  Sometimes I wake up in cold sweats thinking about the Black Seas Barracuda, Imperial Flagship, Eldorado Fortress, Mega-Core Magnetizer and pretty much complete Forestmen and Blacktron II collections that I could still have.  And those are only the specific sets that I can remember for sure.

I only collected for about 6 months in the 1999-2000 period and then didn't get back into it until 2 years ago.  Was pretty much unable to afford Lego sets throughout my childhood so really think I am making up for it by going all out now that I have some money to burn. 

I started playing with Lego around 1985, and my dark age was roughly from 1993 to 2012.  Interests change when you become a preteen/teenager.  Luckily my parents kept my Lego.  They sold everything else, I had a pretty sizable GI Joe collection, a few Transformers, and some other random toys.  However, they kept the Lego and I reclaimed it a few years ago.  They said they saved them because I played with them the most out of any toy I had, although they thought they were saving them for their future grandchildren.  They were a bit surprised when I had my childhood sets up on display all over my office :thumbsup:

My kids will get them eventually, when they're old enough to not destroy my vintage Lego relics.

About 27-28 years.  

Last year I was cleaning out my stuff and gave my old Lego (which had been sitting untouched in my old closet in my parent's house) to my kids.  I now regret it as everything's all mixed up.  And my 2 year old has sucked the faces off almost all of my classic space legos.  Mr. red space man, blue space man, yellow space man, and white space man....  I'm so sorry.

This was before I realized the investment potential of Legos, which wasn't until this year.