Brick Classifieds - It's Your Store!!

Jeff Mack

Will bricktrader have some kind of automatic earning calculator ? If you know what I mean (:

I am using brickofolio for value & organization of my inventory, but still using excel for ebay fees, PayPal fees and postage expenses.

If you are talking about BrickTrader which is the trade section of this forum, no there will be no more than what you currently see.

If you are talking about Brick Classifieds which is the new product/website, that dashboard will record all of your sales.  Linking that to your Brickfolio will eventually happen.  There will also probably be a way to automatically post an item from the Brickfolio to Brick Classifieds. There is no ETA on this yet.  Things will be great when i get a chance to work on that, but for now we need to launch that product, get it in the hands of all of you and make sure it's running correctly.  Then we can start to add on more of these types of features.  But yes, that is something that I would like to make happen.

I am looking for a few people that have the time to spend posting items and test the system. I would like users that will be willing to post a lot of items, at least 50-100. This will help me see things unfold with a lot of items and allow me to tweak things.

I am out and about right now but will send you an invite when I get home.

I am looking for a few people that have the time to spend posting items and test the system. I would like users that will be willing to post a lot of items, at least 50-100. This will help me see things unfold with a lot of items and allow me to tweak things.

I am out and about right now but will send you an invite when I get home.

I have about 50 Lego listings on ebay, that I can copy to BC.

A few MF, PC, AT-TE, Delorean, RI, and some minifigures

Would love to try out the BETA site, see how it works.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Well here is a quick update.  Ed and I are working through looking over the site right now together.  He is working on editing content about the rules of the site and FAQ type of questions.  I believe probably tomorrow will finally be the day that the mods and maybe a few others will get their hands on it to help look for some final bugs and solicit feedback.  As of right now, we are looking to kick off the New Year with launching this to everyone. Why not start the year off with something new and interesting.  Here is a screenshot of where we are at right now.

bp_1419100629__2014-12-20_13-35-36.jpeg

The overall setup that this site is taking is that it will be just like a "classifieds" or even a flea market.  There will not be a true category structure like you see on Bricklink or Brickowl.  It will be more tag based where it will be up to the community to help place their items in the areas that they feel may work for them.  This will really keep it to be a wide open marketplace that anything LEGO related will be able to be posted.  No waiting for us to update categories or sets.  I will release more details and screenshots over the coming days, but I just wanted to get it out there that the end is near and time to move forward.

I noticed in the example that the items marked 10% off, have the smaller amount crossed out. maybe i'm misinterpreting it

Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry if this had already been posted but...

Can I restrict my sales to UK buyers only as I do on eBay? (International tracked postage from the UK is very expensive for large sets)

Is it PayPal only or can we use bank transfer (allowing for lower prices due to PayPal not getting their cut)?

Is there an option for delayed shipping as I travel a lot with work and often not around to post the same day?

Great job guys, and I hope you're ready for it to grow MASSIVELY as I have hundreds of sets ready to go from day one, as do most of us I suppose.

I'm also hoping that greedy eBay lose a lot of business to BP.

Sorry if this had already been posted but...

Can I restrict my sales to UK buyers only as I do on eBay? (International tracked postage from the UK is very expensive for large sets)

Is it PayPal only or can we use bank transfer (allowing for lower prices due to PayPal not getting their cut)?

Is there an option for delayed shipping as I travel a lot with work and often not around to post the same day?

Great job guys, and I hope you're ready for it to grow MASSIVELY as I have hundreds of sets ready to go from day one, as do most of us I suppose.

I'm also hoping that greedy eBay lose a lot of business to BP.

Can I restrict my sales to UK buyers only as I do on eBay? 

Yes, when listing an item, you can pick the countries to ship to.  You can have a price for the UK and then Everywhere else.  If you just put UK, then everyone else will get a message that you don't ship to them and they can't add to cart.  You can also setup different shipping profiles for different size sets.  This allows you to set a shipping time of 1 day, 2-3 days, etc

Is it PayPal only or can we use bank transfer?

It is all Paypal.  This way people trust the payment system, we don't store any financial information and there is some protection using them.

I am not that familiar with this option, but when listing an item as I mentioned before you can setup shipping profiles.  If you setup a profile, you can change the master settings to extend the shipping time from 1 day to 5-7 days, then set it back later if you want.

I noticed in the example that the items marked 10% off, have the smaller amount crossed out. maybe i'm misinterpreting it

Maybe you are not seeing everything.  The .15 is crossed out and the .135 is shown because it is less.  Basically $.15 to $.13 because it is 10% off.

I'm not sure about 50 but I have some time this weekend and I can list some keychains, polybags, and sets.

Can people actually buy the items now?

I will send you a PM shortly.  I don't care if its not 50, I am just right now looking for people that maybe have 20,30, etc and will be willing to put the time in and make nice listings so that when we open this up on Jan 1 it has a nice variety and example for people to see how it works.  There will be a few bumps here and there over the next couple of days, so as long as you are patient, don't give up easily and will want to have a lively store on the classifieds, just reach out to me.

i just wrapped up 23 listings, with many multiples of each(maybe 200 sets total).  Overall I like it.  I will go in tomorrow and clean them up etc.  It will be interesting to see how this can get to the top of google search for anyone wanting to buy lego.  I have a good ten more listings with mulitples I will get to this weekend.

75 listings and counting...mostly part-outs.

Great job.  Your listings look really great.  

I reached out to a few of you here to give you access.

I would love to see some more people from UK, Europe, etc jump in and start posting if you are available over the next few days.

Nice intro to BC.

How does one acquire the ebay badge?

At this moment you contact me, but by next week there will be an area in the preferences of the vendor admin where you will paste in a link to some of these sites which will notify Ed and myself.  We will check out the shops, etc and approve the links that will give the badge and link to the other stores.