Brick Classifieds - It's Your Store!!

Jeff Mack

one question and i dont know if its discussed elsewhere ... but are we allowed to sell toys/stuff other than Lego?

I don't want to give you a concrete answer on this yet.  Ed and I have talked about it.  With a name like Brick Classifieds, it will be tough to attract people for Transformers and other brands.  A possibility though is that we can roll out new sites for other brands or a mix of brands.

Thought I would ask as other sights geared to a certain toy do have classifieds for other toys usually below the main classifieds. Probably "all other for sale" thread. Or since we might be using a concept of having our own store maybe u can enforce ones store to have at least 50% items for sale to be Lego products in order to sell other toys/things.

Thought I would ask as other sights geared to a certain toy do have classifieds for other toys usually below the main classifieds. Probably "all other for sale" thread. Or since we might be using a concept of having our own store maybe u can enforce ones store to have at least 50% items for sale to be Lego products in order to sell other toys/things.

We have discussed it and there is a possibility.  Jeff has come up with a really cool way to categorize things, so it might work with no LEGO items as well.

Overall i don't see anything wrong with allowing that possibility.  Once everything is up, running smoothly and people are hopefully satisfied, then we can start seeing how many people are interested in offering other items.  It would not be for just any type of item, but again, we will cross this path when the time comes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure you are tired of people asking about when the classifieds will be ready, so is there a place where I can find out if they are ready? I would like to try to sell a few sets this Christmas and was wondering if I should start an account on Ebay or if I should wait for the classifieds. I would rather sell through the classifieds. Thanks.

I'm sure you are tired of people asking about when the classifieds will be ready, so is there a place where I can find out if they are ready? I would like to try to sell a few sets this Christmas and was wondering if I should start an account on Ebay or if I should wait for the classifieds. I would rather sell through the classifieds. Thanks.

This Christmas would be strictly to other members through classifieds because even if it goes up today it won't have a customer base. eBay is your best bet if you want this Christmas but by next Christmas I could see Classifieds as being a nice avenue to unload some sets.
  • Like 1

They will probably be released to the Mods at some time this week, then to the general site members after some troubleshooting.  But if you want to sell something immediately, eBay would be a good option.  

• Like 1

Firstly, thanks for enabling all these fine tools and possibilities to us.

Maybe it has been asked before:

Will this be for every one? Also for us poor souls in Europe?

Poor souls in Europe ....Grande ciglione

Sent from my XT1052 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Patience, folks. Everything the Macks have delivered has been nothing short of remarkable. Give them the time needed to get this right... as they have done with everything else.

From what Jeff told me, the Beta version is done. Just some cleaning up and adding of terms of use type of stuff. It is important we get this major feature right the first time.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm looking forward to this as I trust this community a lot more than eBay and no doubt Ed/Jeff have done a superb job as always.  Also, I'd rather give BP my fees than eBay.

Like Ed said, I am just cleaning up, moved it to it's production server. Getting rid of all the garbage test data and accounts.  Trying to fill in the blanks and format all the BS pages like privacy policy, etc. 

Later today I may write up some details on how the classifieds will be different.  I broke away from the conventional Theme/Category setup to allow it to grow on it's own and not constrain it to be any certain way.  Anything LEGO related can be posted.  If you have LEGO toilet paper, you can post it and tag it that way and it will be able to be found.  LEGO displays, books, posters, etc.  It is not just going to be broken down by theme, set number, etc.  I look at it like a classifieds or a flea market or something.  I will go into more details on this later.

The one thing we did choose to go with is that we will be using Paypal Adaptive payment checkout.  Buyers will be able to purchase from up to 9 different vendors at one time (Brick classifieds is actually the 10th vendor once a fee % is factored in).   All will be paid at one time in one shot.  There will be no billing.  Ed and I will not be hunting down people for lack of payment, etc.  Once your items sells, a fee will be collected and everyone is happy.  Again, I will get into more details on this later, i need to leave for work now woohoo!!

• Like 4

Jeff- can't wait to start making money with you guys. Thanks for doing this.

Not only do I get the pleasure of knowing my money isn't going to Ebay and Amazon, but to know it is going back to the BP founders/community makes it all the better. Keep'on innovating.

• 2 weeks later...