Brick Classifieds - It's Your Store!!

Jeff Mack

Everything sounds awesome and I'm ready to try it!

One question - have you seen anything that would allow us to accept Dwolla as payment instead of paypal? I know the concept is the same and their fees are smaller - don't know about the store functionality though.

(Edit: I'm fine with paypal and not complaining.)

One question - have you seen anything that would allow us to accept Dwolla as payment instead of paypal? I know the concept is the same and their fees are smaller - don't know about the store functionality though.

I think to start the Classifieds, we will keep it simple.  As the Classifieds develops and matures, there might be many additional options(including payment) added.

2. Buy from Multiple Vendors: You will have a cart.  You will be able to buy from multiple vendors in one shopping trip.  Buy 10 sets from Ed, Buy 50 from me, buy a few from TheOrkKing and screw it, buy a few minifigs from ComicBlast.  At the end you will get to select your shipping methods and see a grand total and pay once.

If someone has limited items for sale - say just 1 of something - does adding it to cart stop someone else buying it, if you are then browsing elsewhere for multiple vendors, or is it anyone's until it's actually paid for (could someone else buy it while it's sat in my basket?)

Well Dwolla doesn't support multi-checkout like Paypal.  When thinking about options, we said going this route:

1. Most people have Paypal

2. Most people trust Paypal

3. Multi seller cart/checkout

4. Commissions get paid at the time of sale

5. Keeps system simple and streamlined

6. Keeps things to one system structure for dealing with customer service, complaints. 

Once we go outside of this.  It would be more like other system.  Waiting on payment, we have to chase fees, etc.   If this doesn't work, we can try something else.

Sounds promising. How will search results be ranked? Will it be like Bricklink where the lowest price is at the top?

Right now, by default it is set to newest first for those that might be looking for a set.  They search it wills how if anything is new.  But there button is there to sort by lowest or highest, etc.

If someone has limited items for sale - say just 1 of something - does adding it to cart stop someone else buying it, if you are then browsing elsewhere for multiple vendors, or is it anyone's until it's actually paid for (could someone else buy it while it's sat in my basket?)

Whoever gets to the finish line first wins.

• Like 1

In the earlier discussions about Brick Classifieds, I believe we were told that we could advertise our listings from other sites on BrickPicker. Does this idea still hold now? It sounds like now it is a more independant buying/selling tool, rather than a site that brings together lots of eBay, BL, and Amazon listings. Just want a clarification. Thanks!

• Like 1

In the earlier discussions about Brick Classifieds, I believe we were told that we could advertise our listings from other sites on BrickPicker. Does this idea still hold now? It sounds like now it is a more independant buying/selling tool, rather than a site that brings together lots of eBay, BL, and Amazon listings. Just want a clarification. Thanks!

At the moment...no. We feel many members charge too much on eBay and Amazon. We are hoping with lower fees, members will pass along some savings to buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

I think the ability of being able to buy from multiple vendors and selling MOC instructions are the biggest keypoints.

Buy 10 sets from Ed, Buy 50 from me, buy a few from TheOrkKing and screw it, buy a few minifigs from ComicBlast.

Darn, now that Jeff said it, I guess I have to sell something now. :blum:

BTW, I don't know why the basic smiley is sticking his tongue out :) but I have to remember not to use that here, I always feel like it looks like I'm being sarcastic when I'm not.  :turned:

If you type the smiley in your post like below it will come out as ^_^ which to me is the more 'classic' smiley.