To Open or Not...Green Grocer

IMDeus

I got my green grocer today. Sealed in box...do I open it??? I thought about holding it til I had everything else that is waiting to be built..built. FIgure, if it goes up in value I can cash in and buy an opened one to build. Why did I buy a sealed on in the first place...good price and impulse buy :

Sell it and buy a used set for a lot cheaper..

Definitely! The difference in price is large enough to make it profitable doing so. The current listings for a NISB Grocer are higher than the current Brickfolio value, so assuming you get the current asking price for it then buy a used one, you could get most of your used set purchased paid for by the sale. Don`t open it first!

I got my green grocer today. Sealed in box...do I open it??? I thought about holding it til I had everything else that is waiting to be built..built. FIgure, if it goes up in value I can cash in and buy an opened one to build. Why did I buy a sealed on in the first place...good price and impulse buy :

We opened an MISB Green Grocer last year for our collection and zero regrets. We paid just over $550 US sealed for it. But I'm a total LEGO snob and rarely buy used sets to build... Can't stand cleaning someone else's dust. :)

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

We opened an MISB Green Grocer last year for our collection and zero regrets. We paid just over $550 US sealed for it. But I'm a total LEGO snob and rarely buy used sets to build... Can't stand cleaning someone else's dust. :)

Haha we must have bought around the same time as I paid around $600 US for it sealed for my wife's birthday last year.

Why did you buy it?  As stated above, it isn't a great investment at this point, compared to other places you can tie up your money.  If you collect sealed sets and keep them that way, it makes sense to keep it sealed.  If you bought it to build, just build it. You can obviously afford it.  

• Like 1