The largest private collection of official LEGO sets I have EVER seen

hobbycrafter

Too huge of an undertaking. He has been probably been doing this for years and adds new sets randomly as he gets them and puts them together. I guessing alot of this collection was purchased second hand as he could acquire them. If you bought everything in a theme like Star Wars and have been at for the last 10 years and knew the theme could do go on indefinitely each and every year then you may give up trying to keep it all together for display purposes.

Definitely. I want to reorganize some of my Star Wars sets - but just moving those around creates a huge issue. And so easy to accidentally drop one or something.

I moved my Jabba's palace and dropped the tower section and had to completely rebuild it. Definitely sucked.

The organization thing bugged me too.  I mean, I thought it was an unwritten rule that all LEGO fanatics had to be at least a little bit OCD as well.   He had a bunch of Blacktron II sets all displayed in roughly in the same area, and it would have been so easy to just group them together.  They were so close, yet so far away.  It actually made me kind of antsy. 

I had to fast forward through most of it. If you display multiple themes, at least group them together... especially if you're going to take the time to make labels for each set.

I had to fast forward through most of it. If you display multiple themes, at least group them together... especially if you're going to take the time to make labels for each set.

Feel free to do so with your own collection.  This dude can do whatever he wants with his.

• Like 1

This is totally the kind of person that helps line our pocketbooks once sets start EOLing. Huzzah!

Some quotes from the reddit OP that adds a little more story you'd find interesting:

"Yeah, he's in the process of building another display room at his house (this is at our cottage.) There are several large sets just sitting around including the Cinema, Town Hall, Pet Store, Market, Black Pearl, Australian Opera House, VW Bus, and the Super Star Destroyer among others."

"I don't think he has the haunted house. Off the top of my head I know he has the town hall, cinema, pet shop, grocery/corner store, VW Bus, Black Pearl, Super Star Destroyer, and more at home where he's building a larger display room."

I would never be allowed in there; I'm too much of a klutz. I'd fall over and destroy half a city.

On a similar note although knowing full well every set is built from Lego and how well pieces go together, I still would feel awkward to very intense trying to walk around all that for fear of an accidental nudge causing a great domino effect in destruction. Then again if it were my display instead of somebody else's, I could carry on without worry. I wonder if anyone besides myself become a bit tense whenever another person is walking around their personal displays.