Decisions, decisions... What to sell?

I need to sell to fund some of my next purchases but I am wondering which of my sets can I sell in order not to go in the future smashing my head against a wall.

The candidates I have in mind are:

41999 - I have 2 units, would sell one.

10210 - Only one unit. Kinda interested in keeping it.

10193 - Only one unit. Not too interested.

4842 - Only one unit. Do not take this away from my hands please.

I know that 10193 is in a different ballpark as figures go, but it'd be nice to have some dough to fund my addiction future investments, which will be determined by what I sell.

Thoughts?

can you list set names along with the #s?

Sure...

41999 4x4 Crawler Exclusive - How can we not know this by heart ;)?

10210 - Imperial Flagship

10193 - Medieval Market Village

4842 - Hogwarts Castle, newest version

Sure...

for pure investment purposes, i would sell the older sets since the majority of ROI after retirement comes w/in the 1st 2 years. however, some sets to continue to appreciate nicely even after 2 years like 10179, 10196, and 7888.  it seems you have 2 or 3 sets that fall into the 2 year exception rule of thumb.

here is my order...

sell first but only if you really need to.  personally, i would hold for another 7 months at least.

10210 - Imperial Flagship.

def sell in late 2014

hold since Harry Potter has a cult following and this school is likely to be in the prequel books (or was it a film. i forget. anyway...). however, sell ASAP before any refresh,

4842 - Hogwarts Castle

wait until you hear news of a somewhat similar refresh or ebay monthly sales become slow due to the low supply and high price  (think The Zombies)

41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive

Sure...

Here's my list in order of priority (no regards for collecting):

1. 41999 - I think you might grab an extra $50 sitting in it for 1+ years, but you have two

2. MMV - this may have some room, but after a year the proof is in the pudding - don't expect bigger gains

3. Imperial flagship - may climb but could plateau with next ship release

4. Hogwarts Castle - there will continue to be Potter fans, and I could see this continue to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

for pure investment purposes, i would sell the older sets since the majority of ROI after retirement comes w/in the 1st 2 years.  

here is my order...

sell first but only if you really need to.  personally, i would hold for another 7 months at least.

10210 - Imperial Flagship. i

sell in late 2014

4842 - Hogwarts Castle

wait until you hear news of a somewhat similar refresh or ebay monthly sales become slow due to the low supply and high price  (think The Zombies)

41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive

Here's my list in order of priority (no regards for collecting):

1. 41999 - I think you might grab an extra $50 sitting in it for 1+ years, but you have two

2. MMV - this may have some room, but after a year the proof is in the pudding - don't expect bigger gains

3. Imperial flagship - may climb but could plateau with next ship release

4. Hogwarts Castle - there will continue to be Potter fans, and I could see this continue to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I had thought regarding the Imperial Flagship, since I had a really really really hard time selling one - had 2 until Jan - and not seeing the prices move too much, that it'd be the first one to go.

41999 had the fact that I have 2 units, so it would not mean that much of a disaster if it's price suddenly rose a lot.

Medieval Market Village came as an option as I was writing the post, but still not much interest in keeping it, right now I'd get double of what I initially invested after fees and whatever.

The HP sets are the ones I have the most reticence to sell as they keep climbing and climbing.

I think that 10210 has plateaud, hence, it gets the axe.

I had thought regarding the Imperial Flagship, since I had a really really really hard time selling one - had 2 until Jan - and not seeing the prices move too much, that it'd be the first one to go.

really?  my imp flagship used sets sold pretty fast to all europeans during fall 2013.  they were listed for $305 to $325 on bricklink.

what are / have been your asking prices?