Contest: FIFA WC BRAZIL 2014: WIN A 75021 REPUBLIC GUNSHIP!!

Sauromosis

The World Cup excitement is growing so let's have a contest to predict the final 2 teams and winner!

I will send the winner of this contest a 75021 Republic Gunship!!!

To enter, post in this thread with the following:

1. The winning country

2. The runner up

3. Final score of the final match (tie breaker)

4. Pick the matchup of the third place game (last tie breaker)

Example:

1. Iran

2. Nigeria

3. 5-4

4. Russia versus Algeria

I'll paste everyone's answer in here in the first post as I get time.  You'll be required to send me your name and address if you win but I'll keep it private.  The final game is Sunday, July 13.

Shipping disclaimer: I am shipping from the USA.  This is an international contest but if shipping is extremely expensive to your country, I may ask for you to pay for part of the shipping cost via paypal.

Good luck!!!

• Like 6

I feel like open entry here would be more fun.  We already know the teams that most people will choose.  And there are many tie breakers if you want to pick the same final teams and score as another person.  If we have too many identical guesses, I can have those people pm me the score of the third place game.

Thanks for the entries so far.  Since I'm unable to edit the first post, I'll collect all entries in a list and post it.

Yeah you can't edit a post after 30 mins (may be 15mins, not sure).  If you want I can edit the first post for you if you PM me the list or post it here.

• Like 1

I'm going to wait like DNIIM, not that much will change, but I can't decide if I want

to go with logic or wishful thinking . Lol

Man you never know - crazy coaching change or a big injury. 

I remember before the last world cup there were rumors Ronaldinho was getting fat. That put me off them. lol.

BTW from an earlier conversation, another example of a player that was insanely good and just never really did anything world cup wise like Messi.

If you want to see good soccer, go watch Diego Maradona's world cup run in the 60s. That is how you prove you are the best player in the world - maybe the GOAT.

are u referring to his goal against England in 86????? Maradona was barely a child in the 60s ;)

Lol yeah. I was going to mention Pele and I was thinking 60s before hand so I think that's what happened.

Yes I was really referring to the whole tournament but the England game was obviously the highlight.

The hand of god goal, though sort of cheating, is amazing just because it signified how high he was regarded.

I want to see something like that. A player that just dominates the game. Closest thing in a while was Ronaldo back in the 2000s

Lol yeah. I was going to mention Pele and I was thinking 60s before hand so I think that's what happened.

Yes I was really referring to the whole tournament but the England game was obviously the highlight.

The hand of god goal, though sort of cheating, is amazing just because it signified how high he was regarded.

I want to see something like that. A player that just dominates the game. Closest thing in a while was Ronaldo back in the 2000s

zidane ...too bad he lost his head in the final v Italy.good times .

• 2 weeks later...