Death Star Ice Sphere Mold

http://13deals.com/store/item.php?id=37742

Found on dealnews.com. Too bad it just passed May the 4th, but it's a fun little mold, if you're in to these kind of things. Free shipping, lowest price so far, deal ends May 7th.

http://dealnews.com/Death-Star-Sphere-Silicone-Mold-for-6-free-shipping/1045134.html

Also, @Mods, should we have pinned topic posts for different categories of stuff, like the video games/movie thread? There's little activity now, but I don't want to clutter up this subforum with lots of threads, like this one, on small stuff... Judging from what's already present, "Foods" could be one such topic.

• Like 1

Purchased this a few years ago and i would definitely not recommend using it for ice. I found the ice was peeling parts of the mold off the sides into the ice sphere itself once frozen and removed, making it a hazard to put in your drink. Super disappointed in that :( after all it is advertised as usable as an ice sphere.

Purchased this a few years ago and i would definitely not recommend using it for ice. I found the ice was peeling parts of the mold off the sides into the ice sphere itself once frozen and removed, making it a hazard to put in your drink. Super disappointed in that :( after all it is advertised as usable as an ice sphere.

I was afraid of that.  I've found that a lot of the little novelty items like this on thinkgeek are pretty low quality.  I also ordered the han solo in carbonite molds, I wonder if they'll have the same issue.

I was afraid of that.  I've found that a lot of the little novelty items like this on thinkgeek are pretty low quality.  I also ordered the han solo in carbonite molds, I wonder if they'll have the same issue.

I also have those haha, and they do not have that issue. The Death Stars issue is that the mold requires a lot of very thin and tiny rubber lines to mold stuff like the trench. These little lines are the ones that seem to just peel right off.

Have not had that issue with the Han ones ;)

I also have those haha, and they do not have that issue. The Death Stars issue is that the mold requires a lot of very thin and tiny rubber lines to mold stuff like the trench. These little lines are the ones that seem to just peel right off.

Have not had that issue with the Han ones ;)

Maybe the death stars need to sit out and melt a little bit before you take the mold off?

Maybe the death stars need to sit out and melt a little bit before you take the mold off?

Quite possibly! Knowing me though i'd probably forget about it and have it melt all over the counter. Also possible i just got a bad product, but every so often i do give it a shot and it's usually a 50/50 chance that i actually get one that's free of torn molding. And then i have a Death Star in my drink... worth it :D