Star Wars Episode 7 movie cast announced !

jaisonline

I wonder if its more surreal for the new actors or the original actors to be in that room again with everyone?  I love the R2-D2 in the background.

Kenny Baker isn't in the pic, so he'll probably only be in the R2 unit for like one shot and he'll get credit.  Kenny's health is pretty terrible right now.  Peter Mayhew was in real failing health and walking with a cane the last time I saw him, so he may only be in a shot or two as well.

Here's another one:

Star_Wars_Cast.jpg?width=980&quality=0.8

Kenny Baker isn't in the pic, so he'll probably only be in the R2 unit for like one shot and he'll get credit.  Kenny's health is pretty terrible right now.  Peter Mayhew was in real failing health and walking with a cane the last time I saw him, so he may only be in a shot or two as well.

I appreciate the respect that JJ has as well as the rest of the production team to allow them to play even a small part.

Exited! I am sure It will be much better than the prequels and be a huge success. Heck, even if it sucked worse than anything it would make money. I m confident J.J. and the rest of the team are not just about making money but are doing everything to make it really good!

Am I the only person in this world who thinks that:

- "Luke Skywalker"'s acting was terrible

- The prequels were better than the original

Probably because I watched the prequels first, then the original trilogy. I just couldn't get over the low(er) quality of sword fighting scenes and Hamill's acting in the original trilogy.

Bad special effects didn't help either (but I understand that it was pretty good for 1977)

Probably because I watched the prequels first, then the original trilogy. I just couldn't get over the low(er) quality of sword fighting scenes and Hamill's acting in the original trilogy.

Bad special effects didn't help either (but I understand that it was pretty good for 1977)

Yes, I think you are the only person in the world that thinks the prequels are better than the originals. No worries though. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Yes, I think you are the only person in the world that thinks the prequels are better than the originals. No worries though. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Not the only one in the world.  Possibly the only one who's posted in this thread, yes.

I'm proud to be an original trilogy snob. The prequels are nearly as bad as the ROIs from Prince of Persia and Atlantis investing. I would rather buy a Build a Zurg than watch The Clone Wars and Phantom Menace (throw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Numbskulls in there also). Kinda sad though since Ian McDiarmid, Liam Neeson, and Ewan McGregor did a decent job in the prequel films despite the terrible scripts.

I'm thrilled Lawrence Kasdan is writing. Just wish Gary Kurtz was there also. Abrams will make us proud.

I think the hurdle to jump is Darth Vader. When people think Star Wars, Vader is usually the first image to come to mind. A Star Wars film without Vader will be interesting. Another interesting thing will be watching Carrie Fisher. No offense but the last time many saw her on film, was the metal bikini scene and now she sorta looks like a Hobbit,

While I wouldn't ever say that the prequels were better movies, they did have more action, and a number of cool villains.

I do believe that the original saber fights are a bit embarrassing at times - I recall my son asking what was wrong with them, why weren't they moving.

John Boyega, son of Lando? Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, and Domhnall Gleeson, all new protaganists? Andy Serkis, new antagonist? Just my guesses. Old Max von Sydow could be the old guy who dies in the first movie and comes back as a force ghost on Dagoba to tell Analuke Skyswimmer that he has a sister... Nah too original.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Adam Driver is playing a villain.

I assume you are on the younger side if you think this and it can be hard for some to appreciate a sci-fi movie that is over a decade older than they are. 

For the time the first 2 films were good, ROTJ was way ahead of its time effects wise.

lololol, so mean but true. Her voice got super deep too, I was surprised when I recently watched interviews on youtube.

Another interesting thing will be watching Carrie Fisher. No offense but the last time many saw her on film, was the metal bikini scene and now she sorta looks like a Hobbit,

I assume you are on the younger side if you think this and it can be hard for some to appreciate a sci-fi movie that is over a decade older than they are. 

For the time the first 2 films were good, ROTJ was way ahead of its time effects wise.

Yes, I kinda know the originals are judged "unfairly" by me. Special effects got much better since the 90s, so the experience is more "immersive" and when you got used to it it's hard to go back.

Another thing that spoiled it was that I knew of bits and pieces of the originals so it took away some of the suspense.

And I agree prequel Anakin's acting was horrible.

AFAIK neither of them had any significant role besides Star Wars?