Star Wars Episode 7 movie cast announced !

jaisonline

Here's a nice little announcement leading into May the Fourth.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

let's get ready for more Lego Star Wars sets and exciting minifigs in 2015 :)

star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce.jpg

...from starwars.com

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

• Like 1

I'm still not sure I like that the original actors have been recast, but I can't help but be excited.

yes, we are all excited :)

however, most of us were also excited with the "The Phantom Menace" cast announcement...  ha.  actually, that cast was pretty darn good aside from 2 characters (prob due to the story / script).

yes, we are all excited :)

however, most of us were also excited on the "The Phantom Menace" cast announcement.  ha

I still remember getting my leaked copy of "The Phantom Menace" on Real Media Player format *.rm and being in line when it opened.  The prequels were disappointing in many ways, but also very cool as well.  Any Star Wars is better than no Star Wars. 

I'm still curious to see where they go with many classic characters, since they decided to reset the Expanded Universe.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/25/star-wars-movies-expanded-universe-lucasfilm/

Well, if someone in Hollywood other than Lucas was/is to be trusted with StarWars, it`s J.J. Abrams. The man knows how to tell great Sci-fi, we`ve seen it time and time again. And he`s got a solid visual style that`s changed for the better over time. Interesting casting choices to say the least, but it`s only a few of them. Plenty more to come. Andy Serkis and Oscar Isaac are intriguing. If filming is to start in May, we can probably expect a trailer as early as the end of the year, at least a teaser, so guess we`ll see! 

John Boyega, son of Lando? Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, and Domhnall Gleeson, all new protaganists? Andy Serkis, new antagonist? Just my guesses. Old Max von Sydow could be the old guy who dies in the first movie and comes back as a force ghost on Dagoba to tell Analuke Skyswimmer that he has a sister... Nah too original.

here the official press picture again with the cast name by seating position.

10271548_736620193056251_519226933381642

J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios on Tuesday with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan.