Reliving my childhood through my sons =)

Hello everyone.... Took my sons to see the Lego Movie almost 2 months ago.....and they loved it....and so did mommy and daddy. My wife and I had legos growing up but never actually had sets to put together. Just used our imaginations. So we went out a week later and bought my son a set of legos and the whole family had a blast building it together. So much that we made a trip to Indianapolis, Indiana to the Brickworld show at the state fairgrounds. a couple weeks later. Lets just say my wife and I are hooked once again on Legos and my sons are loving it. We now have a whole weekend trip planned to go to the Lego kidsfest in Novi. Michigan next week !!

Just wanted to say HI and that i have enjoyed reading through this forum :thumbsup:  

Hey Fleck!

We like to call this leaving the "Dark Ages".  For me, it was last Fall after we gave my son his first Lego set (the Batcave).  Since then, it's been Legomania at our house!  Be careful though because the addiction sneaks up on you...FAST!

We went to Brickworld in Indy, too.  It was super crowded but we had a good time.  I wish we could make it up to Kidsfest but unfortunately we can't.

Good to hear there is a fellow Brickpicker in my neck of the woods.  Feel free to PM me anytime with questions.

The Legomania is Definitly consumed our household. There are so many sets we want to get and build together. It is so much fun and then there is this small bit of sadness after we get it built. So we want to get another and another and another and keep building !!! Argh !! Is there a Lego anonymous meetings to attended to help with the sudden addiction ???? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Guest brickcrazyhouse

LA meeting are every other thursday but they are held at the local LEGO store so..... the meeting don't really help but make sound like we're trying to get help

Welcome!  My kids helped me get out of my dark ages as well.  Lego was pretty much the only toy I played with as  kid, and now it's the only toy I play with as an adult lol.

I'm taking the kids to the Lego Kidsfest in Novi as well.  It's our first time going, it looks like a lot of fun.

This will be our first visit to Lego Kidsfest as well.... And if we like it as much as we hope we will......we plan on going to the one in Indianapolis, IN in November this year.

We might do another trip to Indy, too.  We love the town, love the LEGO store, and we love the Children's museum.  Kidsfest would be icing on the cake!

Welcome! Enjoy the fun.

I have the same experience. Went to look for some toys for my baby-son and came back with lego. The rest is history.

I think it would not be a bad idea to organize some lego anonymous meetings. And after we can have our own "fight club". (when looking at the heated discussions happening here sometimes).