Cafe Corner NIB find - TGTBT

DarthDrake

So there is a person on my local CL offering a Cafe Corner for $400.. says he bought it to build with his son, but never got around to it. Been in his closet, now his son is older and not interested. Never been opened.

Also says he has other sets that he will list once this sells. I wrote to see if it was sold and to ask what other sets he had and got the same answer.. he will list the others when this one sells.

* strange not to go ahead and just tell me *

So, other than not really having the money and planning a way to come up with it quick... i'm thinking there is something about this that just seems to good to be true. First, the price.

If I do, run out to get it, what sorts of "Cons" should I be on the lookout for... besides getting hit over the head. Lol

I'm afraid I'm going to buy an expertly re-sealed set of mega blocks or something.

So there is a person on my local CL offering a Cafe Corner for $400.. says he bought it to build with his son, but never got around to it. Been in his closet, now his son is older and not interested. Never been opened.

Also says he has other sets that he will list once this sells. I wrote to see if it was sold and to ask what other sets he had and got the same answer.. he will list the others when this one sells.

* strange not to go ahead and just tell me *

So, other than not really having the money and planning a way to come up with it quick... i'm thinking there is something about this that just seems to good to be true. First, the price.

If I do, run out to get it, what sorts of "Cons" should I be on the lookout for... besides getting hit over the head. Lol

I'm afraid I'm going to buy a expertly re-sealed set of mega blocks or something.

The cheaters back out if you are too cautious. There was a guy listing a sealed 10181 for 1500$ on BL in Hungary. I thought "oh, nice, same country, I can check this out in person (low distances)" . Well, he did not answer. After several inquiries. Then I put it in my basket and ordered it, saying that I will collect it personally. He deleted his account.

So, a good test is asking for personal collection. Does not matter where you live, the only thing that matters is his answer. If he is against it and makes excuses or just outright ignores you, you just caught a scammer.