10230 - Mini Modulars

Ed Mack

Anyone in North America can buy for ~$20 here: <ali ex link removed>

WARNING - A few months back, I myself, and at least a couple other brickerpickers contracted some nasty virus / malware after following a link to aliexpress and clicking around on their site a bit. Just google "aliexpress malware pop-ups" and you'll see what I'm talking about.  My firewall, anti-virus, and regular malware cleaners couldn't get it out.  I will never go to that site again.

Edited by gregpj
ali ex links not allowed
  • Like 1

WARNING - A few months back, I myself, and at least a couple other brickerpickers contracted some nasty virus / malware after following a link to aliexpress and clicking around on their site a bit. Just google "aliexpress malware pop-ups" and you'll see what I'm talking about.  My firewall, anti-virus, and regular malware cleaners couldn't get it out.  I will never go to that site again.

Yup.. and I've just removed all the links from all the posts.

• Like 1

so has he, apparently a lot hairier too

I did not recognise him at first and wondered why you were posting random pictures. 

There is a new one coming out with "The Rock" in it...

oh joy, another remake. Do you get the feeling they ran out of ideas about a decade ago. 

I did not recognise him at first and wondered why you were posting random pictures. 

oh joy, another remake. Do you get the feeling they ran out of ideas about a decade ago. 

Yeah, at about the time they remade "Tron".  I was never a huge movie watcher in the first place, but they've gotten even worse as years have gone by.  I mean, when some dumb movie with Melissa McCarthy is #1 you know it's gone downhill.  And seriously, another Mall Cop movie?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
25 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

I have one of these left with the expectation they were going to add another 5 to connect to the first set. It's a cool little build. I still have it sealed. At what point do I just unload it?

That ship has sailed.  LEGO Never gonna add the others. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

I have one of these left with the expectation they were going to add another 5 to connect to the first set. It's a cool little build. I still have it sealed. At what point do I just unload it?

The current modulars are so much smaller than the old ones that you could probably use the real things and barely notice a difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This set was somewhat of a disappointment due to the lack of a pt. 2 that never happened.  Really cool set that made good money if you got them on sale before they retired.  They just never exploded like I hoped.  Sold my last one about a year ago, always thought about building it but never did.

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

This set was somewhat of a disappointment due to the lack of a pt. 2 that never happened.  Really cool set that made good money if you got them on sale before they retired.  They just never exploded like I hoped.  Sold my last one about a year ago, always thought about building it but never did.

Agreed. A part 2 on this set would have really driven up prices for part 1. I have one I built and sold my others for profit. But not tons of profit.

It’s a shame because I am much more into mini modulars because of space. I bought 10230 after retirement because I was still in dark ages when it came out. I paired it with 40289 Diagon Alley for a mini town scene I’m working on. 

7616B88F-DF7F-48F9-A455-358D6E513491.jpeg

Edited by MrToes16
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

It’s a shame because I am much more into mini modulars because of space. I bought 10230 after retirement because I was still in dark ages when it came out. I paired it with 40289 Diagon Alley for a mini town scene I’m working on. 

I have a box of "Micropolis" sets that maybe someday I'll get to.  It includes this set, plus the TRU Bricktober sets, and some other things I've seen out there.  I like what you did adding 40289 and the whole plaza area.

But what is going on with the minifigure head in the back?

11 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I have a box of "Micropolis" sets that maybe someday I'll get to.  It includes this set, plus the TRU Bricktober sets, and some other things I've seen out there.  I like what you did adding 40289 and the whole plaza area.

Are you referring to the one that's part of 40289 or one of the minifigs on the grey plate in back?  

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yeah that's part of 40289. It's the Weasley's magic shop head. 

I definitely would have added the TRU Bricktober sets as well if I didn't already sell those a long time ago. Those didn't really get too much traction even after TRU went bankrupt. I guess people don't really like mini modulars. 

37 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

I guess people don't really like mini modulars. 

Hey now, I have a large setup at work full of them. A full town block on a little cabinet. 

On 7/30/2019 at 6:29 AM, brickvoyeur said:

This is set 10230 with additions. Most of the additional modulars are modified versions of the mini modulars created by "o0ger". They are now sitting on the shelf behind me at work. Now if I only had the time to build my actual modulars.

minimodulars1.thumb.jpg.dd6ceaa32e0209daaee764aeabfcb2dd.jpg

minimodulars2.thumb.jpg.3aac4096ff487a8e5bee44fb38a5a22c.jpg

minimodulars3.thumb.jpg.58c23bf5c3ee727fa347e11098d43f66.jpg

• Like 5