Very new to Legos, questions about a couple of figures?

cloud_weaver

My two boys will play legos all day long (and I do mean ALL day long!).  They love the little people and so I was wondering what is the best way to get the little guys.  I have found a few of the blind bag packs (from the Lego Movie), but everywhere is now sold out and I spoke with our local Lego store at the Mall of America and they said they won't be restocking.  :(

Also, does anyone know if there is an "easier" way to get a Vitruvious figure for my kids?  I don't want to buy a huge set just for a small little guy, and it didn't appear that he was available in the blind bag packs.  

And as far as the "Ninjago" series goes, do you know if the snake villains from the cartoons have been/will be made into figures?  They love playing with the Ninjago sets, but I haven't seen any of the snake people (though I admittedly haven't looked very hard). 

Thank you!

This is like a civility test by the Mack's I think.

For minifigs, I think eBay is a good option. You can find pretty much anything, including lots of figures for a good price, depending on the theme. That would be a good way to get Ninjago figures.

For Vitruvious, same thing. eBay or Bricklink would be a simple way to get it. 

Seapotato's advice is good, Cloud - eBay is going to be your friend for individual figs and parts. Bricklink will also be good (and might be cheaper, as sellers can offer figs there for less, with the lower fees to them). Amazon sellers also sometimes carry figs.

I remember well the days of my chasing down every single Pokemon figure on the planet (yes, we had to catch them all) for my littles. I believe I spent about equal to the gross national product of Norway on them, which is why I feel no remorse for being a reseller to other Moms now.  :money:

• Like 1

My two boys will play legos all day long (and I do mean ALL day long!).  They love the little people and so I was wondering what is the best way to get the little guys.  I have found a few of the blind bag packs (from the Lego Movie), but everywhere is now sold out and I spoke with our local Lego store at the Mall of America and they said they won't be restocking.   :(

Also, does anyone know if there is an "easier" way to get a Vitruvious figure for my kids?  I don't want to buy a huge set just for a small little guy, and it didn't appear that he was available in the blind bag packs.  

And as far as the "Ninjago" series goes, do you know if the snake villains from the cartoons have been/will be made into figures?  They love playing with the Ninjago sets, but I haven't seen any of the snake people (though I admittedly haven't looked very hard). 

Thank you!

There's still a couple of sets with snake minifigs on the shelves, but I believe they're the bigger sets (Ultra Sonic Raider & Epic Dragon Battle).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ninjago-Ultra-Sonic-Raider-Play-Set/21095597

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ninjago-Epic-Dragon-Battle-Play-Set/21095595

Like others have said, to get the minifigs alone, eBay and Bricklink are better bets if you don't care for the sets.

I could mistaken, but I believe Vitruvius is only available in the Lord Business' Evil Lair & MetalBeard's Sea Cow, so you're paying no less than $69.99 (unless there's a deal) for a set to get him unless you go the eBay/Bricklink route. :(

If you're kids are just getting their collections started and aren't too particular about who they get to play, just search ebay for the terms:  lego minifigure

That'll give you a lot of listings for both individual figures and for people selling bundles/lots of figures together (anywhere from 3 or 4 from a specific set to people selling a 100 at a time.)  If your sons aren't too picky, you can get them for $2-$3 a figure in the bundles plus shipping.  For the most bang for your buck, look for the listings that include hats/helmets/hair and a tool or weapon for each figure.  For lots that include used minifigures, take a close look to make sure they all have arms and hands -- sometimes kids, uh, loose those parts ;)

One thing to look out for though, are sellers that will ship from China -- in many (but not all cases) these aren't actually LEGO -- they're cheap Chinese knock-offs.  They've been putting out a lot of imitation super heroes lately and have also branched out into other licenses like the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings / Hobbit figures.   If you just wanted a figure to put on display somewhere, on your desk or on a shelf and you didn't really care about the brand -- they're okay, but if someone wants to actually play with them -- people have found that the Chinese knock-offs sometimes have legs and arms that fall off easy and that the hands can be brittle & break.  I find it's best to just stay away from them. 

the lego movie coming up will have a vitruvious figure, you can often times find lots of minifigures for sale on shopgoodwill.com, be wary though most of the places that make minifigure only lots don't bother to sort out the accessories or make sure all the figures are correct or complete before they make the lot

Oh!  I didn't realize that the movie will have him in the promo set.  :)  I will for sure wait for that then.  Thank you!

And thank you for the links of the Ninjago sets, I haven't seen those before so I'll have to keep an eye out.

I will check ebay and see if I can dig some stuff up for them.  I, personally, have been collecting My Little Ponies since I was a teen, so while I'm not up on the Lego collecting world, it's not something completely foreign to me.  ;)  Though I will say Legos are much more expensive than ponies.  I didn't realize that sets and the people can get so high price wise!  The china knock offs is a great idea!  I will have to see what turns up in my hunt.

Thank you all again for the help and the patience with all the 'beginner' questions.  :D