The "OMG I HAVE THAT AND IT'S WORTH THAT MUCH NOW???!??" moments

Guest ph4tb0i

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was her indoors who predicted this would be a winner. She also said the same for the Mars rover, by the time I went to order more rovers they were sold out. I should listen to her more often.

I had to look this up to understand what he meant.  I like learning new things when least expected :)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It was her indoors who predicted this would be a winner. She also said the same for the Mars rover, by the time I went to order more rovers they were sold out. I should listen to her more often.

I had to look this up to understand what he meant.  I like learning new things when least expected :)

I bought this 

for 5 five bucks at WAL-MART in their after Christmas sale a few years back. They had a dozen plus of them.  I kept it and put it up next to my downstairs tree for a number of years and then stopped.  One night I decided to get rid of it, took it out to the curb to throw it away.  Just on a whim I looked on E-bay and found them going for 200.00+.....needless to say, I went right back out and brought it back in.  Made a nice profit on it.....but oddly after seeing this video....I still wish I had it.  

My OMG moment came quite awhile back, maybe 10 years or so.  If any of you are familiar with Conor O'berst or the band Bright Eyes I saw him when he was only 14 years old play a little show at a dive in Omaha.  He was really good (even back then) so I bought a homemade 7" record from him.  Then when he officially became Bright Eyes he released one of his albums with a limited vinyl run of 300 records which I bought.  Stashed them away and kind of forgot about them.  Then when he sort of blew up I looked on ebay and saw I could get about $400 for the 12" and $200 for the 7"!  I sold them fast!  I wonder what they are worth these days, I'm afraid to look.