Why Legos are so expensive and popular

stephen_rockefeller

BrickUltra

I'm not aware of a set that retails for 1,000.00 Maybe he is referring to sets in the secondary market?? In that case he would be surprised to learn that many sets carry this price tag.......and his mind would be blown if he saw the current market value of the 10179. Also is there a set with around 100 pieces going for 60.00?? Maybe in Europe lol

http://brickultra.com/why-legos-are-so-expensive-and-so-popular-npr/

I'm not aware of a set that retails for 1,000.00 Maybe he is referring to sets in the secondary market?? In that case he would be surprised to learn that many sets carry this price tag.......and his mind would be blown if he saw the current market value of the 10179. Also is there a set with around 100 pieces going for 60.00?? Maybe in Europe lol

That is probably what he means. Hell, the 10179 sells for $2000+. LOL

There is a great thread over on Brickset that discuses how terrible this article is. I would highly suggest reading through it. The article doesn't even answer the question it asks.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/8267/why-are-legos-so-expensive-story-on-npr#latest

I was trying to be kind. LOL. The article was written in 10 minutes from various internet sources. Certainly not a Pulitzer Prize nominee.

I was trying to be kind. LOL. The article was written in 10 minutes from various internet sources. Certainly not a Pulitzer Prize nominee.

I agree that it's not a Pulitzer Prize nominee, but I just don't think a site like NPR should be posting a news story that is just so factually inaccurate.

I'm not familiar with NPR, but there is a lot of crap floating around on the internet. You can write anything you want and people will believe it.

I agree that it's not a Pulitzer Prize nominee, but I just don't think a site like NPR should be posting a news story that is just so factually inaccurate.

I'm not familiar with NPR, but there is a lot of crap floating around on the internet. You can write anything you want and people will believe it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I

I'm not familiar with NPR, but there is a lot of crap floating around on the internet. You can write anything you want and people will believe it.

I look like Brad Pitt.