Do stores restock minifigs once they're sold out?

Nickjames815

Yeah I bought all the ones they had left at our local walmart and they were just ones I had already. But I got another question...how often does walmart/target restock lego sets...I want cookoo palace and I remember seeing it as I was buying my first minifigures(which got me to a full blown collector) and now I can't find it anywhere. And the bad cop pursuit one..or is there a easy way to check with the store online or over the phone to find out their status on getting more?

Most big box retail places with get several 53 foot trailers of merchandise per week. It's not like they can say "Lego comes on Tuesday". The average employee will not have the ability or know how to check when something will arrive. And often times it's impossible to know when any specific item will arrive. The best you can reasonably expect is to learn the "truck schedule" so you will know when there will be a chance for new merchandise.

I know that. But I've been collecting hot wheels for a long time and they come out with new about every 3 weeks so they get shipments in about every 3 weeks of new stuff. I didn't know if Legos did that but monthly or slmething like that. And they can check when hot wheels are on their way to the store so I thought they could do the same with Legos

Also the replenishment is tied to the sell rate. Many items come in an assortment (hot wheels) to you they are all different, to the store they are all the same. So a store would have to sell enough if the first case to justify getting another one. Lego does not work this way. Each case contains a single type of set. They also do not make as many so while it may look like there is a three week cycle with hot wheels what I suspect is that it takes three weeks to sell enough on average to get a new case in.

Each time my local Walmarts and Targets would restock, they'd sell out in about a week.  Restocks were coming in about every two weeks.  Although this last week they haven't sold through and still have a handful left, so it looks like the demand is starting to slack off.