TRU Sale Mar 21-27 (Canada)

peenutz

By all means...generally anything 20% off is decent for us :)  Something 30%-40% off is even better obviously.  I would normally buy a few Vampyre Castles since it's seems like $50 off and really loaded up on the Skiffs but it comes down to personal interests, goals, risk tolerance, budget etc.  I use to buy anything whether I really like the set or not at min 20% off...but slowly I've just adjusted my strategy a bit, I'm trying to be more selective.  As a hobby/small time investor, I prefer to have a closet full of sets I really want to open (or save) vs having just quantity/clutter.  If it's for personal use/collection I would still jump at 15% off or ANY discount.  Or if the 'end is near' for a set I like or retired already I've bought at full retail or a little bit higher even. 

I'm budgeting certain sets for the rest of 2014...so any funds saved will make it easier for me.  Small purchases add up.  Sucks to see an awesome sale/great investment down the road when you can scoop up +10 sets but don't have the funds and can only buy 1-2.  Or be in desperate mode to off load sets.     

Back on topic with TRU...I think there will be a few opportunities yet this spring for significant deals/promos.    

Just curious here fellow canadians, what is the best price you have seen so far for 79111 Constitution Train Chase? It is a set I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to pick it up down the road and it is 109$ regular price at FutureShop, not too bad considering the $129.99 canadian MSRP on this one. It all depends on how my kids get into cowboys or not and we'll see with the stagecoach!

Just curious here fellow canadians, what is the best price you have seen so far for 79111 Constitution Train Chase? It is a set I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to pick it up down the road and it is 109$ regular price at FutureShop, not too bad considering the $129.99 canadian MSRP on this one. It all depends on how my kids get into cowboys or not and we'll see with the stagecoach!

Futureshop and Bestbuy have this on sale almost every week, it has gone as low as $97 on Bestbuy i believe. I have 1 personally back during the holiday's when TRU had them %20 off.

• Like 1

I remember the Train was $50 last year at Target clearance.  I picked up Silver mines for $40 at the time but didn't buy the train (I should have!).  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

sister inlaw texted me (apparently I'm the toy/Lego 'expert' in the family lol), technic sets on sale too...I guess stock/whats on sale varies by store.  Anyways, she found ONE Benz Unimog for 35% off...box has some damage but still good discount.  She didn't buy it...but if  you want it just ask and I'll ask her the exact location (I think it's in the east end of Toronto).   

sister inlaw texted me (apparently I'm the toy/Lego 'expert' in the family lol), technic sets on sale too...I guess stock/whats on sale varies by store.  Anyways, she found ONE Benz Unimog for 35% off...box has some damage but still good discount.  She didn't buy it...but if  you want it just ask and I'll ask her the exact location (I think it's in the east end of Toronto).   

Great price!

But yeah I called a couple places and they all seem to have different items on sale. Definitely worth checking your local stores.

Sadly LOTR/Hobbit still seems like a no sale zone :(

What are people's thoughts on the y-wing? I want the ceremonial leia minifig but don't like the rest of the set haha.

I might check out TRU after work and see what they have. Might grab a desert skiff to add to the one I already have.

My thoughts exactly! I did not go for it

What are people's thoughts on the y-wing? I want the ceremonial leia minifig but don't like the rest of the set haha.

I might check out TRU after work and see what they have. Might grab a desert skiff to add to the one I already have.

I have it for a personal build, and i don't really like it. The front or "cockpit" seems too large and rounded. The previous version was better imo.

As an investment i can't see it doing all that well. Like the X-Wing i'm sure they will be redone, especially for the upcoming film.

I have the Leia and i actually don't need/want her. If you wanted to do a minfig swap or something send me a private message!

Checked my Local TRU and found a Unimog (it was not marked down), but Shelob Attacks was %40 off. Nothing in my store was tagged accordingly, there may be hidden gems to be found! I scanned a bunch of other stuff but no luck.

I might try a few others over the weekend to see what i can find.

My Store (greater Vancouver Area) had tons of Skiffs, I'd say at least 30 on the shelf, lots of Lone ranger too including Stagecoaches,  and a billion Silver Mine Shootouts (not ready to pull the trigger on that one)  Also had a ton of Vampyre Castles.. Seems like they have lots to clear out!  

C'mon Constitution train!  It's gotta go on sale eventually lol :P

Guest ph4tb0i

picked up 20 skiffs. with the canadian dollar taking the beating as it has i just need to wait for our currency to depreciate a bit more before selling lol.. 

Wasted a trip to TRU and Target today haha.  Was out shipping a 2 Face Chase and thought might as well go for a Lego run and see if there's anything interesting.  Maybe I just picked bad stores...was hoping to catch-lighting-in-a-bottle and find some hidden gems or stuff not advertised but on clearance.  

picked up 20 skiffs. with the canadian dollar taking the beating as it has i just need to wait for our currency to depreciate a bit more before selling lol.. 

That's nice volume.  Very safe investment at these CAN prices.  I do like the set a lot.  At worse even parting out the figures alone could get you close to this sale price.

Walmart.ca is still selling the train too : and still at full price.

The store I went to had ONE train left...sale price was $100 or something...didn't interest me.  Guess it's about $30 off TRU retail.  $100 does not seem cheap at all after seeing it for half that last year and I didn't buy (and should have).