KRE-O Dungeons & Dragons

TheOrcKing

Thanks for the all of the pics. Do you think these have any investing potential? I was able to offload a few Transformers sets I bought for a small profit, but that was really only because I got them at a deep discount to start with. These don't have nearly as strong name recognition, though.

Thanks for the all of the pics. Do you think these have any investing potential? I was able to offload a few Transformers sets I bought for a small profit, but that was really only because I got them at a deep discount to start with. These don't have nearly as strong name recognition, though.

You're welcome. Wish I had any idea about investment potential. Dungeons & Dragons is just synonymous with classic role playing games having plenty of literature to back it up. The designs for these however are a little off. In fact, only three of them (Fortress Tower, Fortress Defence, and Battle Outpost) are actual sets featuring a build while everything else is simply some sort of blister pack with characters. Then again I think all these sets are meant to be army builders which is brilliant in a way. I feel like all/any worth in these are the characters themselves.

Those catapults remind me of that old school crossbow and catapults game

Actually I think that is how the 'game' with these sets is meant to be played. Use catapults and other things to fling crap at your opponent's fort.

Seems like most kre-o gets marked down pretty significantly.

They really do by the end of the year. I've seen the Transformers and a few Battleship stuff linger at my Walmart for almost two years I think. :wacko:

The transformers kre-o's are now a tru exclusive.

So that's where they went; seems to fit. The only KRE-O's I see anymore are those CityVille Invasion sets at Walmart & Target while the only Transformers KRE-O's I can still find are the Micro-Changers blind packs and Combiners at Target.

Seems like the only thing of value in the transformers sets are the mini figs, at least in the TF community

Those were the only parts I liked about the sets honestly. I couldn't care less about the build; just the Transformers figures, and I feel the same with these D&D characters. If anything, I just like the headgear for the most part like those trippy helmets for the Orcs.

We have a couple of sets of kre-o that were given at x-mas and I have to admit, the quality of kre-o is better than mega block. I'm not going to say close to Lego because that would be blasphemy but seriously, the bricks actually stay together, unlike mega block. We have tons of World of Warcraft mega blocks, just because my son and I both really enjoy the MMO game but my gosh, they are nowhere near what kre-o has managed to put out quality-wise. So my two cents is, if you enjoy the D&D theme, give those a try!

Thanks for sharing! Used to love the cartoon and had most of the figures!

Warduke was my fave!

Remember the Fortress of Fangs?

file_2_92.jpg

Or the five headed dragon, Tiamat?

file_2_96.jpg

Oh yeah, I loved the cartoon! Bought the complete series on DVD a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YacKar7y3mc

Too bad it was cancelled before having a final episode but there was an official script for what would have been the last story called "Requiem"

• 3 months later...

Ha, didn`t see this thread. I never bother to look in the Kre-o / Megabloks / clone brand isles whilst at the store, but honestly these don`t look too bad. Not into D&D, but the design of these sets would look good in Lego form, no blue/gold colour scheme. In that respect, these look good. 

Ha, didn`t see this thread. I never bother to look in the Kre-o / Megabloks / clone brand isles whilst at the store, but honestly these don`t look too bad. Not into D&D, but the design of these sets would look good in Lego form, no blue/gold colour scheme. In that respect, these look good.

I thought these didn't look half bad too. Here the builds are a bit more generic but that ties in with the army building aspect all the sets for this theme promotes quite heavily on. I haven't seen so many impulse items in my life. Blister packs, mystery bags, small sets, the whole shebang. I will give them credit for making everything in a more affordable price range for kids. I think the most expensive set is $30 maybe. The helmets for the orcs well as the orcs themselves are my favorite pieces but I'm sure you already knew that. ;)