Building the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon.

jaisonline

So....instead of working on the 10179 build, the wife gave me Tim Allen-like work. Hanging blinds and curtains. Ugh.

How dare her highness take me say from the 10179. Oh yeah, it's doing little things like this that keeps her sane when the Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc... decorations are blocked by Lego.

Then after this, my actual work (job) kept me from my 10179.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

post-3743-13962957819021_thumb.jpg

completed more steps.

added more underneath and top paneling.  both circular panels w/ turret cannons are done (the top one is missing from the pictures below).  now on step 77.1 of 97.  the set is now just "large" ;)

i am finally have missing elements (ugh!) :   2 of the 3 "Light Bluish Gray Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) Webbed - Type 2".  I contacted the seller.

post-3743-0-65524300-1396637182_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-60376800-1396637229_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-08468400-1396637262_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-75530500-1396637273.jpg

• Like 3

i am finally have missing elements (ugh!) :   2 of the 3 "Light Bluish Gray Dish 6 x 6 Inverted (Radar) Webbed - Type 2".  I contacted the seller.

I hate it when I'm missing pieces. It drives me crazy, especially if I want to finish building the set.

I hate it when I'm missing pieces. It drives me crazy, especially if I want to finish building the set.

yes. totally agree.  i can live with using substitute elements until the proper ones arrive.  however, this $.35 dish element isn't widely used in any color.  sure, it surfaces from time to time in random colors.  of all the sets i own, only 5 different sealed sets and 1 loose set has it regardless of color.  thus, i borrowed a medium bluish gray one from my son's slave 1 and that was used as the round window on the top turrent.  i don't have another one for the cockpit once that is built. 

worse case is that i can contect lego support for replacements but i really don't want to do it since there might be more missing pieces (don't want to contact them twice for the same set).  regardless, i'm 2/3rds done and missing just 2 elements isn't too bad for a set of this size.  too bad it's not a more common one.

• Like 1

yes. totally agree.  i can live with using substitute elements until the proper ones arrive.  however, this dish isn't widely used in any color.  sure, it surfaces from time to time in random colors.  of all the sets i own, only 5 different sealed sets and 1 loose set has it regardless of color.  thus, i borrowed a medium bluish gray one from my son's slave 1 and that was used as the round window on the top turrent.  i don't have another one for the cockpit once that is built. 

worse case is that i can contect lego support for replacements but i really don't want to do it since there might be more missing pieces.  regardless, i'm 2/3rds done and missing just 2 elements isn't too bad for a set of this size.  too bad it's not a more common one.

I substitute pieces until I get the right ones, but sometimes, the substitutes don't look right when they are placed with the set.

made more progress today after taking about a week off. (was building ninjago sets with my son)  

now on step 86.1 of 97.  i prob have only 2-3lbs of elements left (set weighs about 22lbs)

while impressive, it is just too big (measurements / weight) and delicate with all the greebling and plates.  moving it is now nearly impossible.

i did find another missing element, "Light Bluish Gray Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 12L / 9.6cm.  since this color was released only in this set (2 come in this set), i'll buy the 20L version if really needed. both of these diff size hose elements are in the $6 range. my missing element count is now 5. not too bad considering the ones missing.

post-3743-0-63364800-1397851463_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-28714100-1397851497.jpg

• Like 1

finished           terminado***            fini                  

fertig               ??????                    finito

??????             terminado              f

Dannnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Know what's "Dannnnnnnnnnnnnng"? I starting building this thing March 7th or so and just finished today (April 24). No excuses.

So much time as wasted sorting / sifting through elements. ...and the prev owner did an above avg job with grouping elements by area into 7 huge ziplocks. Now I know why he wanted 3 days to get it ready for shipping. He needed to dissemble it and yet still left elements out.

When I'm ready to sell, I'm just putting everything into 2 or 3 of those huge vacuum storage bags with some extra elements just in case.

10179 is the freakin Kraken of Lego sets.

• Like 1

Are you planning to write a review on the set? It would be great to read especially with all those pictures of the building process that you have! :D

I will definitely write a review. Not sure about a blog article (or maybe that is what we call reviews now). I think I've written one review to-date and that was for the 1st Batcave and adhered to the old format.