Total Newbie Question: What makes for an "exclusive Mini figure"

danielnorber

Hi everyone,

New in town, and am seeing this phrase used a lot.  My guess is that an "exclusive mini-figure" is a mini-figure that is only available in 1 set.  Is this correct?

If not, please set me straight!  If so, how does one find out whether a mini-figure is exclusive?

Thanks!

D

Thanks krayzie...I guess I actually have 2 follow up questions in that case:

1) How can I find out which sets have exclusive mini-figures

2) will an exclusive mini-figure ever become not exclusive?

Thanks!

1) I use brickset.com to find out if a set has an exclusive minifigure. I would search the desired set, click under minifigures, and see how many sets contain that minifigure.

2) My guess is that an exclusive minifigure can sometimes become not exclsusive when a newer set comes out with that minifigure.

• Like 1

Do others use the same definition of Exclusive and Unique that I have in my head?

• Exclusive being the character only appears in one set (as above prior comments)
  • Unique being character appears in other sets but in a different variant.  The one in question is a unique variation of the caharacter.

Unique's offer good points for values of sets as well.  I think plenty of people like to collect all the unique variants of their favorite characters.

Do others use the same definition of Exclusive and Unique that I have in my head?

• Exclusive being the character only appears in one set (as above prior comments)
  • Unique being character appears in other sets but in a different variant.  The one in question is a unique variation of the caharacter.

Unique's offer good points for values of sets as well.  I think plenty of people like to collect all the unique variants of their favorite characters.

I think I use the same definition as you, but they are so similar that I forgot the unique definition most of the time.

Welcome to the site, danielnorber. My idea of an exclusive anything tends to be if it is available in one item. Sometimes I can stretch that limit to two like how the Frodo minifigure from Gandalf Arrives is only included in that set and a polybag, Frodo's Cooking Corner. While the set was easily purchasable, the polybag was not.

I think that I think the same way. ;)

I think Exclusive Print when it is a variant that only appears in one set.