How much do you spend on Lego per month?

I have a guy that I get most of my deals from. And so far this month I have given him $1400. I usually get between 40-45% off of the sets that he tells me about. This year my plan was to have $10K in value, but I started the year with $5.5K in value and now I am at 7K in a few weeks. So I am re-evaluating the investments and selling off a bunch and concentrating on Technic since that I what I like. I am on my way to having 20 42009, 20 42000, and 20 42008 for the start of the rebuilding investment. My goal is to have 20 of each on the shelf and 2 of each for the boys to play with. Oh, and 20 of each Modular and 20 of any cool exclusive set that I like.

i try to limit myself to one or two sets a month ($200), generally buy a bigger exclusive set to keep sealed and something smaller to build.

That's a great approach.  I wish I had that sort of discipline.  It's very difficult with Black Friday, then Cyber Monday, 3x VIP Points, Amazon deals in December, January/February clearance, and then TRU decides to finally get into the game with MSRP + % off.

I am slowing down now.  I'm more of a collector and long-term investor.  I like to have one set to build, one set to keep sealed for long-term investing, and another set to give the kids down the road.

My plan is to load up during these peak months (November - February).  Then slow down during the next 4-5 months (March - July), maybe pickup some clearance in late summer, and then take advantage of the Holiday deals.

So no fixed amount of spending per month...I am hoping to save a certain amount to take advantage of deals later in the year.  We'll see if that works out.

I have been collecting Lego sets for a few years, but have been buying sets exclusively for investment since November. I had $2,000 in savings that my wife and I agreed we would use for investment. Well, I blew through that before the end of December. I am a little over $3,000 now. After all these clearance sales slow down, I will probably be spending very little until the next round. Just so hard to pass up great sets that are 50%+ off.

Wasn't that George Best?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Turns out the original quote was from W.C. Fields.

Best said it as: I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

According to wikiquote anyway...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker