How Do YOU Orgainize Sets, Instructions, Pieces, and Minifigures?

Piece_Out_Studios

What have any of you found as the best way to orgainize these things: Complete sets, extra pieces for building, and your minifigure collection?

I currently try to consolidate as many sets as I can in one box (not all of my sets are in one box. I have like, 30+ boxes, 10 of which are huge. What I mean is that if I get a large bin and I can squish 20 sets in there or fit 10 sets comfortably, you better believe I am squishing them). The sets are also orgainized (as much as possible) by theme/subtheme. I have a box for DC, and one for Marvel, both the same size. I have more than 2/3rds of the boxes dedicated to Star Wars, and I try to keep them orgainized, but I have way too many Clone Wars sets. I  currently store all instructions with their respective sets. So I put both the sets *and their instructions in the same box. I am currently working on orgainizing pieces by type, because I found color to be just an awful nightmare when looking for bricks. Minifigures are all (except for special exclusive/rare ones) are all kept in one small box. I find this to be pretty helpful.

*This is not a good idea if you want to keep your instructions in prime condition for the best resale value later, however it's a great idea if you want to consolidate and find them easier.

I'm not necessarily looking for advice, just how you orgainize. But anything you have to offer as advice is certaintly welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

My complete sets are in labeled ziploc bags, then stored in a trunk for easy access.  My instructions are kept in binders and the boxes (I only have a few), are typically kept in closet storage where I don't need to get to them. Right now I'm only a small collector, so it works for me.  But as my collection grows and I sell duplicates I have a feeling I'll need to re-organize everything to make it easier to find sets.