Time to sell your stocks and buy LEGO sets!!!

Ed Mack

If we were to repeat 1929 I would invest in firearms, not Lego lol. Seriously though there is no way you can compare 2014 to 1929 as far as stocks are concerned, two completely different animals. The trend is so strongly up from 2008 onward it would not be wise to stand in its way.

WRONG, but not discussed here. 

I wonder.  With the current disconnect of the stock market to the rest of the working world, I wonder if most people would give a crap or even notice if the stock market took a dump.  

That`s a solid point! Things have changed so radically in the last 100 years. While the two are connected, it`s not nearly the way things used to be. It`s a good thing in many ways given that so called experts have been predicting a massive crash for years. Hopefully it doesn`t happen, and if it does, hopefully it doesn`t get as bad as they`ve said.

If the market crashes, nobody would have money to buy lego.

If that is the case, as long as I`ve got heating and food, I`m buying everyone`s sets cheap to build a massive castle to hide in just like TabbyBoy  :thumbsup:  :laugh:

WW3 in a decade then? They say WW4 will be fought with bows & arrows. I'd better by up all the castle sets to build a full size trebuchet!

If the market crashes, nobody would have money to buy lego.

Depends. The people who lost all their money on the stock market will probably have very little of none left compared to what they invested in. For those who didn't invest in stocks and still have jobs that pay decent money, they would be able to buy Lego.

• Like 1

Depends. The people who lost all their money on the stock market will probably have very little of none left compared to what they invested in. For those who didn't invest in stocks and still have jobs that pay decent money, they would be able to buy Lego.

That`s basically it for sure. Brings up that reminder of "don`t gamble with money you can`t afford to lose." Even if the prospects look amazing, you never have a 100% guarantee, only odds, and even with 99.9% odds something could happen in that last 0.1%. You never know  :shifty:

That`s basically it for sure. Brings up that reminder of "don`t gamble with money you can`t afford to lose." Even if the prospects look amazing, you never have a 100% guarantee, only odds, and even with 99.9% odds something could happen in that last 0.1%. You never know  :shifty:

Same thing applies for Lego investing. So far, Lego investing has made many people good money, but you aren't guaranteed to that amazing money. 

Same thing applies for Lego investing. So far, Lego investing has made many people good money, but you aren't guaranteed to that amazing money. 

Exactly. It applies to anything that involves the possibility of making more/losing money. Just got to be careful, keep up with what`s going on, and play your cards appropriately. Lots to learn, and plenty of fun to be had along the way as well, which makes things even better  :thumbsup:

You buy when the market is low.

I remember about 15 years ago, catching a report on CNN (or somewhere similar), where they were talking about the 1987 Black Monday crash, and where some stock prices were at the end of that day, and comparing it to where they were at that time (around 1999).  It was incredible how low some stocks were, compared to where they were 15 years later.

The smart investor in the stock market will look at any crash, and buy things up.  I don't know that any crash will happen.  If it does, I think it stands to be mineralized, because people are so much smarter about things like that now.

But, don't trust me.  I'm no stock expert, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Like 2