10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Hey Veegs, I ordered 2 last week as well from tru.ca...normally it takes 30mins-4hrs to confirm order and shipment but this time it took extra 2 business days.  Could be a coincident or they were searching for stock.  My 2 in Lego box came today by purolator...decent enough shape (7.5/10).  

Thanks for the update.  It does seem to be taking longer than usual...I don't know how much stock TRU.ca has, but I don't believe it is a whole heck of a lot.

Or they just don't like me.

How did you know this ? Any proof ?

Last run seen before this was 08R4. It seems that lego takes a 10 week gap to produce more. They could be making 28R4, but I doubt it for the following reasons:

The lifespan of GE is similar to that of FB. So look how long FB stayed on the market and compare that to GE. Many people probably predicted eol of GE based off eol of FB. I did.

I talked to 2 lego store managers at 2 different stores and asked if they had more GE in the back and they said the only ones available are on the floor and it will no longer be ordered.

My intuition says it's done

These are just hypothesis:

1. Could it be that lego is producing the August 1st sets and will do another run of the GE in the fall?

2. The GE is done and the amount that was produced in the supposed final run did not last as long as anticipated based on the FB sales because there are so many more investors then a year ago buying these up?

3. BS. Too much of it. I have seen both sides in this thread, "I was at store X and they had tons today and store Y hasn't had them in weeks". When I have been to those same stores and seen the opposite of what has been posted. Not calling anyone out just saying if that can't even be accurate then what is. Oh the Contra codes.

• Like 1

I need to get the GE for sure. In what order of the Modulars do I need to start? GE came out in 2010 and the Pet Shop in 2011. I want to get the oldest first before it retires and then the next and so on.

The full order is

Cafe corner

Market street

Green grocer

Fire brigade

Grand emporium

Pet shop

Town hall

Palace cinema

Paresian cafe

Last run seen before this was 08R4. It seems that lego takes a 10 week gap to produce more. They could be making 28R4, but I doubt it for the following reasons:

The lifespan of GE is similar to that of FB. So look how long FB stayed on the market and compare that to GE. Many people probably predicted eol of GE based off eol of FB. I did.

I talked to 2 lego store managers at 2 different stores and asked if they had more GE in the back and they said the only ones available are on the floor and it will no longer be ordered.

That is not a bad hypothesis.  Although I doubt we have enough FB and GE codes (yet) to extrapolate any fine tuned predictions

I talked to 2 lego store managers at 2 different stores and asked if they had more GE in the back and they said the only ones available are on the floor and it will no longer be ordered.

Last known GE run in US is 18R4

GE still easily available in the UK. if we get confirmation that it's EOL in America how long before that crosses the water, just a rough idea?

How long the piece of the string is? No idea and nobody really knows when the sets will be depleted from the UK/EU shelves (same story as 10221) . I have 6 and I am already looking forward to this...it's been forever since this set has been available!

Still not convinced this set is about to retire. If you haven't got any/enough GE's then you're better off stocking up because if it does disappear that's it too late. But I think there's more production runs that will see this through to the last quarter of this year. Modulars retire at the end of the year, a trend I don't see ending anytime soon.