10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Do you have a pic or link for this (SSD being in the US Fall 2014 catalog)?  I thought it was odd that SSD was OOS at LEGO Shop at Home from the very day my Summer 2014 catalog arrived onward, despite being in that very catalog (!) but it would be interesting to know if it is in the next one as well.

It might depend on when exactly they prepare the production of the catalog. If they were preparing it before week 19, they knew that 19R4-20R4 run is coming, so I don't why wouldn't they put SSD in summer catalog. 

If holiday catalog was being prepared for printing anytime prior to or on week 22 (May 26 - June 1), then they still had SSD from 19R4-20R4 available in stock (it disappeared Jun 3rd), so why not put it in catalog, especially if it is copy-paste kinda job

back to sold out

While it is normally true that if a item went to SO it will not get re-stocked again.

But it is fairly interesting this year since it is only in the middle of 2014.

And we saw both SSD and GE.

However, adding to the data point, we are also be getting sand crawler and will be getting slave-1.

And the new mini.

We certainly have some high level execs from TLG among us.......I mean how else could some of you speak with such absolute certainty about these sets. I would think having such a high profile job within TLG wouldn't afford you the time to be on these forums all day but I sure am grateful that you are.

We are lucky!

We certainly have some high level execs from TLG among us.......I mean how else could some of you speak with such absolute certainty about these sets. I would think having such a high profile job within TLG wouldn't afford you the time to be on these forums all day but I sure am grateful that you are.

Maybe we have sysadmins from TLG here. They would obviously have access to all the production schedules and memos and such. And probably have lots of time on their hands - good sysadmin does not have to work hard, since he already has everything running smoothly, his presence is sufficent

the codes...we have the codes!!!

While I was picking up my GE's in the Lego store in Edmonton, I did ask the staff about the SSD. They didn't have any in stock and said they haven't for a while. I know, I know, they're just working at a retail store, but 2 of them were almost certain that they wouldn't be ordering any more and they told me that if I "had to have one", then get it now off eBay or Craigslist before the price sky rockets. Take it with a grain of salt I guess, but that's what they told me.

I ordered last week and still didn't get any order update or shipping info.  I've ordered from TRU.ca before and had the order refunded, so just because it is still on theri website is no guarantee it will get shipped.

Right now I'm ordering another two from my sister's place just in case this is truly going EOL.  Other than that guy (with zero ebay feedback) from Vietnam who has sold several in the last couple days at around $170-180, most sellers are already getting close to $199 + tax Canadian.  No brainer!  I'm surprised Canadians haven't cleaned out the GE yet.

Hey Veegs, I ordered 2 last week as well from tru.ca...normally it takes 30mins-4hrs to confirm order and shipment but this time it took extra 2 business days.  Could be a coincident or they were searching for stock.  My 2 in Lego box came today by purolator...decent enough shape (7.5/10).  

• Like 1

GE #10211 will definitely be back @ S&**** before its done completely!.

Proof? Source? Anything? I can't be the only one getting sick of statements like this being thrown out with nothing to back them up. Use the words "in my opinion" or "I think" if it is speculation. Otherwise give some more info or let us know what source this is from.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Proof? Source? Anything? I can't be the only one getting sick of statements like this being thrown out with nothing to back them up. Use the words "in my opinion" or "I think" if it is speculation. Otherwise give some more info or let us know what source this is from.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

come on man you are a veteran here you know just to ignore knuckle head statements like the the ones running rampant in this thread.
  • Like 2

If you don't mind me asking...what indicators do you guys have that a set is going EOL besides seeing "sold out" or "unavailable online" etc. Are there any? Thanks for the input. I'm fairly new here and although I've been investing for a couple years now, any good info is worth noting. Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking...what indicators do you guys have that a set is going EOL besides seeing "sold out" or "unavailable online" etc. Are there any? Thanks for the input. I'm fairly new here and although I've been investing for a couple years now, any good info is worth noting. Thanks!

Mostly just going on patterns that previously retired sets exhibited shortly before eol. Going oos everywhere, small amounts coming into stock for brief moments, price spike on the 3rd market from panic buying, and multiple ridiculous posts from delusional brickpickers  :cheese:

• Like 1

I use ESP.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Nope GE is done and no more will be produced. Fall is when the new modular comes out and they are making those now, not another run of GE. The only way the USA gets more GE is if they take them from Euro and Asia stores, ship them back to the warehouses, and then ship them to ******. America. Contrast this to SSD which are being made right now and will be in the USA Holiday 2014 catalog.

How do you know that SSD are being made right now?  If so, that is great news to people who don't have it yet!

I use tea leaves to see the future just like in Harry Potter