10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

GE is at "Call to check product availability" at Lego SAH USA, whatever that means... They found some, or what? It would have made some sense if it was "Call to check product availability" before "Sold Out"...

Oh man. I haven't been around as long as many, but quick blips between SO and CtCPA seem like further evidence of the GE's imminent demise. Maybe the veterans can shed some light on the situation? 

i speculate one day 6-7 years from now after inflation has had  a little run, and allowing for a few more AFOL's to mature, get through college, and get a job, we'll be joking about how the price of the GE is the name of the GE.

Grand.

indeed.

i think the 600 dollar emporium is quite possible.

• Like 1

i speculate one day 6-7 years from now after inflation has had a little run, and allowing for a few more AFOL's to mature, get through college, and get a job, we'll be joking about how the price of the GE is the name of the GE.

Grand.

indeed.

i think the 600 dollar emporium is quite possible.

If Green Grocer can hit $1000, anything is possible with the modulars.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Yet some treat it as if it is the next UCS MF ;)

Back to my original question, what is the reasonable expectation for GE if it is EOL this year ?

Oh we could never predict anything like that on this site.  That is speculation.  VBG :)

My guess is, since I think its a higher price point than the FB at retirement, (at least with discounts people were getting on FB) that if it does not have another run it will be $300 by Christmas.

My gut feeling tells me $600 in 4 years. Note that I am not the most optimistic guy on this forum ;)

It will be interesting to see if FB is going to have spike in price around holidays, and whether or not the price dips back to pre-holiday levels

I think $600 in 4 years is a very realistic goal for Grand Emporium.

I agree on FB, it creeped up pretty quick to $299 as the general baseline but it has been stalling at that level.

It is summer and things slow so either it will quickly escalate near Christmas or remain stagnant based on people's inventory and desire to unload.

My guess is FB is $400 at Christmas and GE is $300 at Christmas.

For a sealed new mint pristine one I think they will both hit $1,000 someday but it is a question of how long and if it is worth waiting or at what point you cash out and do other purchase and short term hold to make more money on your overall return.  Wish I had those answers.

• Like 1

I think $600 in 4 years is a very realistic goal for Grand Emporium.

I agree on FB, it creeped up pretty quick to $299 as the general baseline but it has been stalling at that level.

It is summer and things slow so either it will quickly escalate near Christmas or remain stagnant based on people's inventory and desire to unload.

My guess is FB is $400 at Christmas and GE is $300 at Christmas.

For a sealed new mint pristine one I think they will both hit $1,000 someday but it is a question of how long and if it is worth waiting or at what point you cash out and do other purchase and short term hold to make more money on your overall return.  Wish I had those answers.

Something tells me that GE could see one last run before upcoming Christmas. Considering that FB did have fall run... SSD is trickier due to rumored UCS Slave-1.

if there is a new modular this summer, I think it will only help GE and FB grow in secondary market as more fans climb aboard. still relatively 'cheap' to get them vs older modulars if GE is gone and joining FB.

has there been a year recently without a new modular release?

PR seems to be a big hit and lots of positive feedback, helped spark more interest in the theme. and maybe helped sales with other buildings as folks want to build a modular street.

I can't think 4yrs down the road for this newish hobby (small time investor) and projecting $600 :) hope it happens and I have a couple GEs left. I will happily start flipping at $350-$400 when and if that happens and let the big players invest longer term. maybe hold one set back!

• Like 1

if there is a new modular this summer, I think it will only help GE and FB grow in secondary market as more fans climb aboard. still relatively 'cheap' to get them vs older modulars if GE is gone and joining FB.

has there been a year recently without a new modular release?

PR seems to be a big hit and lots of positive feedback, helped spark more interest in the theme. and maybe helped sales with other buildings as folks want to build a modular street.

I can't think 4yrs down the road for this newish hobby (small time investor) and projecting $600 :) hope it happens and I have a couple GEs left. I will happily start flipping at $350-$400 when and if that happens and let the big players invest longer term. maybe hold one set back!

Haven't heard anything about a new modular. A police station would be pretty cool or better yet a hospital
  • Like 2

No, you can't really use Green Grocer as something to compare. It was very different environment back then. Proverbial cat is out of the proverbial bag

In all fairness, I heard the same thing about the Green Grocer to the Market Street and Cafe Corner sets, "don't bother, they won't be worth the same, everyone knows about it now"