10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

7938 is more like $130-140...at least on Ebay. Give it some time...it did just retire.

Going to take a long time,  The new high speed passenger train 60051 is much nicer. 

There is no reason to pay more for the Red Passenger train.

Same with the new Cargo Train .60052..A.Much better set than the old one.

It's disappearing from shelves at LEGO Stores.  Some have said they aren't getting anymore. I know, hear say, I'm I'm still curious to know if any stores restock.

Not to change the topic, but the HH has a ways to go IMO. It's still in stock at all major retailers. Probably won't make it to 2015, but I think it will be available till early Fall.

Why is it that when SSD went out of stock without any type of retiring soon label the set shot up to almost double on amazon?  But GE goes out of stock, same scenario and the price has stayed consistent at around $221?  Not as much demand?  

Why is it that when SSD went out of stock without any type of retiring soon label the set shot up to almost double on amazon?  But GE goes out of stock, same scenario and the price has stayed consistent at around $221?  Not as much demand?  

Its been 1 day since GE went sold out and its now at $150*1.5=225.  SSD was sold out for how long before it got to $400*1.5=600.  A month vs a day do not a accurate comparison make.

Just double checked eBay....min 160.00 (one seller)....and all others around 179.99...

These trains will do just fine 7939 already clears 200 parted out after fees, so I am surprised to see so many bagging on it and 7938, which is a far better city display  train than the new passenger train. Its like light rail 

I'm in Canada too...somehow I don't think it'll be realistic to find GE's in Lego Stores a couple of week from now. With Sold Out status, I'm sure collectors/investors etc are going to check out their local stores sooner than later for inventory. But who knows, some stores might have stock left.

TRU.ca last I checked still had stock so could be your 'last resort'. Sucks no vip pts/promo now but if you predict GE will be like FB at $350ish after 1/2yr of retirement, than $199CAN retail doesn't look that bad. Pretty soon, $200-$225 will seem like a bargain.

That $199CAD is $180USD which is still a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

SSDs are "only" selling for $600 now.

Same percentage over MSRP as GE

Does anyone think they are temporarily inflated a bit because of the panic buying?

And if they are officially discontinued, this panic buying is going to be called smart buying before the panic buying when GE sells for $350. So smart buying at $225, panic at $350. Crying at $600 for those who are staring on eBay without one in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

GE is at "Call to check product availability" at Lego SAH USA, whatever that means... They found some, or what? It would have made some sense if it was "Call to check product availability" before "Sold Out"...

Maybe the funny guy from Lego SAH, who was randomly switching between those two states for SSD, is back from vacation...

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Double on Amazon means nothing unless someone's stupid enough to buy at that price.  They are available all over the UK at RRP still.