Is $500 a good deal on these sets?

marcandre

All zip locked separately with manuals, no boxes. I'll still have to verify every set is complete so it will be a bit of work to sell.

Creator Pet Shop
Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle
Harry Potter The Burrow (Weasley's House)
Harry Potter Hagrid's Hut
TMNT Kraang Lab Escape
TMNT Shredder Dragon Bike
TMNT Stealth Shell in Pursuit
TMNT Turtle Lair Attack
TMNT Baxter Robot Rampage
Creator Family House
Creator Apple Tree House
Ninjago Kai's Fire Mech
Galaxy Squad Space Swarmer
Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor
Galaxy Squad Vermin Vaporizer
Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator
Galaxy Squad CLS-89 Eradicator
Monster Fighter Ghost Train
Lord of the Rings Pirate Ship Ambush
Super Heroes Wolverine's Chopper Showdown
Superman Black Zero Escape
Superman Metropolis Showdown
I also have around 15-20 of the individual series mini-figs

The keys items are the wolverine, Harry potter, and creator sets, the other (I believe) can be had at retail store.

What is the Brickpicker "used" "guide" value for all the sets if assuming they are complete?

I'm going thru ebay completed auctions now. The Harry Potter and creator sets should get me the 500 back. The other stuff would be the profit. Thinking its not worth the trouble. 

Gonna offer 400 but I dont think she will take it. I'll post the deal here if I pass.

I would pass. If you are looking for a quick flip then really stay away. Since Walmart just put all the Galaxy Squad on clearance for 50% off, the secondary market prices will drop for a while. Same is true with a few of the TMNT items.

When I look for something to flip I add up the actual resale value and if it is double the asking price I will think about it. Even at double it is more of a hobby thing than an investment. In order to be an investment you should be looking 3 times, considering you have to build/verify everything.

• Like 1

I would pass. If you are looking for a quick flip then really stay away. Since Walmart just put all the Galaxy Squad on clearance for 50% off, the secondary market prices will drop for a while. Same is true with a few of the TMNT items.

When I look for something to flip I add up the actual resale value and if it is double the asking price I will think about it. Even at double it is more of a hobby thing than an investment. In order to be an investment you should be looking 3 times, considering you have to build/verify everything.

Sound advice, thank you. I did offer 400. I would like to build the pet shop and lotr boat so its not a straight flip.