Whens the sweet spot to sell Wolverine 6866?

This isn't the first Capt America set or even The Hulk Heli set. This one will be a grand slam.

I'm going on the record by begging fellow Brickpickers to hold onto this set for 2 years for an outstanding profit. Wolverine is prob the 3rd most popular Marval char after Spidey and the Hulk when it comes to sustainability. Furthermore, this set has flown under the radar since it's release because everyone want Avengers gaga. Within 2 years, it will be $100.

Ok guys.  I  know nothing about comic books, so I am willing to let the comic aficionados speak loud a clear.  I am willing to let this one ride awhile longer.  I didn't know the new minfigs were so different.  If it gets to $70 by this Christmas, I will probably sell and reinvest in other supers.  Another year for another $30 won't be worth the time.  Thanks.

This isn't the first Capt America set or even The Hulk Heli set. This one will be a grand slam.

I'm going on the record by begging fellow Brickpickers to hold onto this set for 2 years for an outstanding profit. Wolverine is prob the 3rd most popular Marval char after Spidey and the Hulk when it comes to sustainability. Furthermore, this set has flown under the radar since it's release because everyone want Avengers gaga. Within 2 years, it will be $100.

Want to buy my stash for 60 a piece?

With only 1 x-men set coming out this year that we know about I don't think now is a good time to sell, there is nothing to say this set will not continue to climb.  The set is selling in huge numbers each month, if it is all the novice investors unloading, that's a good thing imo. 

Ok guys.  I  know nothing about comic books, so I am willing to let the comic aficionados speak loud a clear.  I am willing to let this one ride awhile longer.  I didn't know the new minfigs were so different.  If it gets to $70 by this Christmas, I will probably sell and reinvest in other supers.  Another year for another $30 won't be worth the time.  Thanks.

Another interesting fact about this set. Wolverine and Deadpool are the 2 most important/biggest/popular/Iconic characters created by Marvel since at least 1970, maybe even 1965. The X-men were a boring/poor selling title until Wolverine came around and launched it to one of the most popular comics of its time. In the Marvel universe DP and  Wolvie are huge.

Deadpool is very popular with us superhero nerdy types but the common everyday person has no clue who he is. I love deadpool. I love that he isn't evil or good and just does what he wants.

I agree with this. I grew up reading comics in the 80s and Wolverine is one of my favorites. I have no idea who Deadpool is though. Not discounting the value of the set though, I can tell he is popular at least! I need to read some comics again.

I had 20 sets of this, paid $21 each at TRU ca, flipped them all at $40, more than 80% profit. I'm happy. Only have one left sitting on the shelf. Not looking back as I have stocked up on Funhouse escapes with all that money at $30 a pop. Not taking the risk holding onto the Wolverine chopper hoping or wishing for $60. 

• Like 1

I had 20 sets of this, paid $21 each at TRU ca, flipped them all at $40, more than 80% profit. I'm happy. Only have one left sitting on the shelf. Not looking back as I have stocked up on Funhouse escapes with all that money at $30 a pop. Not taking the risk holding onto the Wolverine chopper hoping or wishing for $60. 

Looking back is rarely a good idea.  Obviously you want to learn from past mistakes when applicable, but I like your strategy.  You made a good amount of money on all those sets.  My philosophy is that if I am making money on all my purchases, then I am heading in the right direction.  Your operation inevitably grows bigger and bigger as long as you are continuously profiting and reinvesting.  Keep doing what you're doing, and one day this can be huge for you if you want it to be.

• Like 1

Looking back is rarely a good idea.  Obviously you want to learn from past mistakes when applicable, but I like your strategy.  You made a good amount of money on all those sets.  My philosophy is that if I am making money on all my purchases, then I am heading in the right direction.  Your operation inevitably grows bigger and bigger as long as you are continuously profiting and reinvesting.  Keep doing what you're doing, and one day this can be huge for you if you want it to be.

I like looking back just to see where I went wrong. If this goes to $1000, so be it. I learned my lessons in the stock markets. I used to hold onto a stock where people in forums were calling for $50 when it was at $25, it gets to $40, then people start screaming for $60, then the next move up is $100. Everything then implodes. I see a lot of optimism on this set which kind of scares me, but it's good to be optimistic I guess. I want to move quick, sell and lock in 50-80%. I'm not holding out for triples. I can make better use of my money. Lego sitting in the storage can also risk fire accidents, floods, etc.....I'll take the money anytime, keep my profits, use some of it to reinvest in other sets. I used a lot of my profits to load up some Unimogs, Robie House and Funhouse Escape. I will be dumping Funhouse Escape when it hits $80 so I can retool and reload on Batcave at that amount, then flip the Batcaves for $150-$200 after retirement, recycle and repeat. A $20 set won't make me rich, but it provided me with a great foundation to roll new products in without worrying about my bottom line.

• Like 2

I like looking back just to see where I went wrong. If this goes to $1000, so be it. I learned my lessons in the stock markets. I used to hold onto a stock where people in forums were calling for $50 when it was at $25, it gets to $40, then people start screaming for $60, then the next move up is $100. Everything then implodes. I see a lot of optimism on this set which kind of scares me, but it's good to be optimistic I guess. I want to move quick, sell and lock in 50-80%. I'm not holding out for triples. I can make better use of my money. Lego sitting in the storage can also risk fire accidents, floods, etc.....I'll take the money anytime, keep my profits, use some of it to reinvest in other sets. I used a lot of my profits to load up some Unimogs, Robie House and Funhouse Escape. I will be dumping Funhouse Escape when it hits $80 so I can retool and reload on Batcave at that amount, then flip the Batcaves for $150-$200 after retirement, recycle and repeat. A $20 set won't make me rich, but it provided me with a great foundation to roll new products in without worrying about my bottom line.

We're not so different, you and I.   :D  Your ideas for how to do this match mine almost exactly.

i really want to open one now...

Do it!  Open just one and then, if you are disappointed with the minifigs or the build, you can always sell it.  I'd think you can sell the three minifigs separately and then the bricks and instructions and still make a profit.  Plus you get to play with Lego!

Do it!  Open just one and then, if you are disappointed with the minifigs or the build, you can always sell it.  I'd think you can sell the three minifigs separately and then the bricks and instructions and still make a profit.  Plus you get to play with Lego!

Definitely open 1  You gotta enjoy them too. The chopper is awesome as is Deadpool and Wolverine. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

this is one of those sets that i waited for sales on and was gone before I knew it.  I guess thats what I get when pushing my luck in Emazers (and others) backyard.  you win some you lose some

I just bought one of each of the new batman range to curb my itch, I have a helicarrier set with a crushed top left box, like the wolvie set I only have 3 of these, also have the quinjet and cosmic cube I could build too, I want to wait till I can get a display case for Marvel, the DC one is going to need some carefull re-arranging to accommodate the new sets.

this is one of those sets that i waited for sales on and was gone before I knew it.  I guess thats what I get when pushing my luck in Emazers (and others) backyard.  you win some you lose some

Its tough - not every set just disappears over night. This one was insane. Target had that BOGO where they were like 13ish while Amazon was out. They ran out, and then at the same time Walmart and a couple other places ran out and POOF!

Visited a Toy Store on my way to a client tonight. Totally forgot about this place. It is in a vacation town so I knew the prices were high on average. But I thought they might not sell often for that reason.

I start going thru their LEGO stuff and BOOM 2x 6866, I look at the price... $25.99 I grabbed them both with a giggle. Then I started looking thru their other stuff and found a Lego Friends Cafe for $34.99.

While the prices aren't that great for investing purposes. This is my first Retired score and I am so stoked! Didn't even feel like I was working afterward with my client. That 2 hours flew by thinking about the Deadpool and Wolverine score!

I am gonna be hard pressed not to open one for myself but I will definitely be holding onto the other one to pay for the pair.

They had some older stuff I didn't know anything about yet. Gonna look it up City, Pharaoh, Pirates of Caribbean, Dino, Advent Calenders. Nothing great Star Wars or LOTR the prices were just way to high on newer things.

Yeah the Dino line is a killer. Every set in that line pretty much is exploding.

Whats really funny is Capn America and the Cat Cycle chase were like the small sets that everyone went insane over. Yet the small 10$ Dino set 5882 has tripled and is still going strong. Obviously less people selling it helps, but it just always shows you there are diamonds in the rough everywhere with Lego.

I picked 5 of these up at retail and will be selling them this year.