Item Shows Delivered - Buyer says they didn't get it

Thanks justafrog.  Was hoping you are online. :)

Tracking says this, but I must've been tired that day because it did ship priority mail or at least ebay shipping label says it did.  Who needs to file the claim for the lost package me or the buyer?

February 13, 2014 , 10:13 pm

Delivery status not updated

February 13, 2014 , 8:13 am

Out for Delivery

ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631 

February 13, 2014 , 8:03 am

Sorting Complete

ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631 

February 13, 2014 , 4:58 am

Arrival at Post Office

ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631 

February 11, 2014 , 8:09 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116 

February 11, 2014 , 6:54 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19115 

February 11, 2014

Electronic Shipping Info Received 

There's no automatic insurance for parcel select, only for priority mail. Go and request tracking updates at usps.com -- if the tracking doesn't update to "delivered", though, you'll be on the hook for a refund to the buyer. Unfortunately all part of the cost of doing business.

If you ship via eBay they will add tracking to the package at no cost. I.had one issue back when I sold a minifig like dniim, they received it with the package torn and I had no tracking. I sent them the missing pieces but nonetheless I only ship via eBay shipping services since the tracking doesn't cost me extra

Thanks justafrog. Was hoping you are online. :)

Tracking says this, but I must've been tired that day because it did ship priority mail or at least ebay shipping label says it did. Who needs to file the claim for the lost package me or the buyer?

February 13, 2014 , 10:13 pm

Delivery status not updated

February 13, 2014 , 8:13 am

Out for Delivery

ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631

February 13, 2014 , 8:03 am

Sorting Complete

ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631

February 13, 2014 , 4:58 am

Arrival at Post Office

ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631

February 11, 2014 , 8:09 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

February 11, 2014 , 6:54 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19115

February 11, 2014

Electronic Shipping Info Received

The buyer needs to open the case with the post office, you could, at a curteousy assist them but why would you be required to do so?

My experience a few months ago was a little different.  They wanted a refund because the item was completely damaged and the box was falling apart.  I knew this was not true because I take great pride in my packaging.  Before I responded to the case with ebay I googled their email address or username.  Can't remember.  Anyway, the google searched showed a few online threads which people have complained about how much of a scammer they were and how they were ripped off.  I included those links in the email also just to make sure I came out squeaky clean.

My experience a few months ago was a little different.  They wanted a refund because the item was completely damaged and the box was falling apart.  I knew this was not true because I take great pride in my packaging.  Before I responded to the case with ebay I googled their email address or username.  Can't remember.  Anyway, the google searched showed a few online threads which people have complained about how much of a scammer they were and how they were ripped off.  I included those links in the email also just to make sure I came out squeaky clean.

Any chance you could share the buyers id so we can add him to our blocked list? Thanks.

Didn't read through the entire thread so my comment may not be too relevant anymore, but I'd like to say that this happened to me as a buyer one time. I bought a special edition of a book for about $100. The tracking information showed as delivered but I did not have a package at my door nor in my locked mailbox. I called the post office and they contacted the carrier (who was actually a substitute carrier that day) and she said that she clearly remembered the package because she thought she was going to have to leave it at the door but it fit in the locked box. Also, knocked on all the doors in my apartment complex. No one fessed up to having it.

At that point the post office told me to file a claim. The seller had insured the package. I had to obtain the paperwork (receipts etc) from the seller to file the claim. The seller was very helpful with this. The post office denied the claim simply because their records stated that it had been delivered. I appealed the claim to a higher authority. It was obvious from their canned response that they also denied the claim simply because their records stated that it had been delivered. I ended up physically mailing one final appeal to the highest authority on the matter in Washington DC. Finally after several months they refunded the cost of the item. I got MOST of my money back but I never did receive the item which was a 1/4000 production. Now that item is selling for $250 ish.

tl;dr Big pain in the butt when the USPS makes a mistake.