Getting a US address

kvasir

Oh god, yes that is obvious. And yes, third party addresses in the US from orders in the US. But then, I didn't ever ship to the name of the forwarding company, just my name and box number. Well, until I was banned.

It is obvious but they're great people and always very helpful. They used to be Mike's Hardware but business was so good they sold the hardware store and opened up a parcel pickup service. Business is even better from what I understand as they now have the room to do large item pickups like motorcycles.

I see that now. I went to Canada's duties and taxes page and realized the rate varied depending on province of residence. Sorry, British Columbia, you pay way more than Alberta! 

Now you know why Supraboy lied at the border. :) Hotcakes are expensive up north. Alberta is quite the anomaly since the royalties they get from the oil & gas sector have always enabled them to avoid it. The 5% is a Federal tax.

I see that now. I went to Canada's duties and taxes page and realized the rate varied depending on province of residence. Sorry, British Columbia, you pay way more than Alberta!

However, CBSA demands payment at a far higher rate in other provinces than in BC. We almost never pay here.

There is a limit on groceries as well (1 chicken per person, 5 gallons of milk etc, no potatoes , etc)

Ex Astris, Scientia.

I have a feeling Supraboy did not lie at the border. As someone else said before, the BC border guards are a lot more lenient!

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

He used to tell the border guards that the trunk full of Lego was for his kids... but when he got home, he would decide like a proud parent that his kids had enough toys so he ought to sell the ones he just bought for them.

There is a limit on groceries as well (1 chicken per person, 5 gallons of milk etc, no potatoes , etc)

I've never brought back chickens so I wouldn't know. Is that alive or dead? :)  That makes sense though... It's usually $50-$100 of groceries.

• 3 weeks later...

So...? 

MyUS.com... got any experience?  price?  lego set will cost how much? just a exemple...  a read they can also make the purchase for you from a US paypal account...  this service come with a price for sure.

Actualy I want to make sure that Lego store (the only one that seem hard) will ship to a third adresse...

for what a read Kinek is not good?  tru or false or rumor?

A just want to start with this business/hobby but a got a cold shower because of the price diference.  Not cool LEGO not cool!

So...? 

MyUS.com... got any experience?  price?  lego set will cost how much? just a exemple...  a read they can also make the purchase for you from a US paypal account...  this service come with a price for sure.

Actualy I want to make sure that Lego store (the only one that seem hard) will ship to a third adresse...

for what a read Kinek is not good?  tru or false or rumor?

A just want to start with this business/hobby but a got a cold shower because of the price diference.  Not cool LEGO not cool!

It is technically against LEGO Shop at Home policy to ship to third party address (eg, to a forwarder like myus.com). But, Lego seems to enforce this manually, so your order may go through, it may not. The key is to keep trying until you're successful.

It is technically against LEGO Shop at Home policy to ship to third party address (eg, to a forwarder like myus.com). But, Lego seems to enforce this manually, so your order may go through, it may not. The key is to keep trying until you're successful.

I think the other thing is that some third party services use the same address for anyone (keeping track by name) and others issue you a unique address. It's been discussed numerous times but people who get the unique address seem to have much more success. Also, any that are near a "border" seem also more likely to be denied.

• 3 months later...

So I've just tried MyUs.com with the Architecture Studio 21050 set. No luck. The order was cancelled almost instantly, like within 15 mins. The unique suite number does not help.

The following notice came two minutes BEFORE the typical "Thank you for your LEGO

Edited by kvasir

There are a large number of 'mailbox' locations along the border that Canadians have goods shipped to and we cross the border to pick them up. Usually they charge $2-3 per box to hold. (which is why you make sure Amazon holds everything and ships at once instead of individually as they are available)

I got burnt by toysrus.com recently.   I use a shipping outlet in Montana as you described.  I had 4 items from tru.com ordered and all four of them shipped SEPARATELY, which meant I was on the hook for 4x handling fees at the outlet.

I wonder if lego.com triggers the cancellation based on a US address and Canadian based credit card.  The price difference between lego.com US and Canadian sites is pretty steep for some sets.  I pick up across the border and bring stuff back myself, so it's just $5 per parcel picked up and is well worth it.  

I wonder if lego.com triggers the cancellation based on a US address and Canadian based credit card. The price difference between lego.com US and Canadian sites is pretty steep for some sets. I pick up across the border and bring stuff back myself, so it's just $5 per parcel picked up and is well worth it.

No.

I ship almost all of my LEGO Shop at Home packages to the US with my Canadian credit card with no problems and no delays.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

I wonder if lego.com triggers the cancellation based on a US address and Canadian based credit card.  The price difference between lego.com US and Canadian sites is pretty steep for some sets.  I pick up across the border and bring stuff back myself, so it's just $5 per parcel picked up and is well worth it.  

It really depends whether it's on their blacklist of addresses. I tried buying some gift cards from the Rochester NY once and applied to to a US purchase to my us address. didn't work :(

No.

I ship almost all of my LEGO Shop at Home packages to the US with my Canadian credit card with no problems and no delays.

Great, good to know.  So it's a matter of finding a good address.  I pick up in Ogdensburg, and there are some pick up services that are not official courier outlets, etc. that may do the trick.