What are you itching to buy at next 2X Vip pts event?

weakside

Tower bridge and more grand emporiums. I agree about the Martian man hunter vs double VIP. The first few days of March are going to be expensive.

yes, March looks like an expensive month... yeah I'll probably buy my first GE for that ploybag anyway and then another GE(plus TB) when 2x pts rolls around.

I'm a bit confused here:

Isn't it better to take the Walmart $40 gift card on Tower Bridge, $30 on Haunted House deals right now than the extra 5% in POINTS?

For me I have to pay tax on both.

Am I missing something? 

TIA.

I'm with you on that.  Plus, no buying limits or concerns about banning that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped the gun :)  Couldn't resist so I purchased my first modular today, the GE naturally since I wanted the Martian Manhunter too.  Used $50 in vip pts to lessen the damage.  Can't wait to get it...the one Lego store I went to had only ONE left and the corners/sides were bit beat up.  Hopefully the shipped set will be in better condition. 

For April's 2x pts event I'm aiming for TB and another GE...space my purchases out.  Than use those few vip pts towards another GE later.  Love to get a Petshop but can probably pick that up next year.           

Guest ph4tb0i

I jumped the gun :)  Couldn't resist so I purchased my first modular today, the GE naturally since I wanted the Martian Manhunter too.  Used $50 in vip pts to lessen the damage.  Can't wait to get it...the one Lego store I went to had only ONE left and the corners/sides were bit beat up.  Hopefully the shipped set will be in better condition. 

For April's 2x pts event I'm aiming for TB and another GE...space my purchases out.  Than use those few vip pts towards another GE later.  Love to get a Petshop but can probably pick that up next year.           

Check to make sure that they have all the parts for the third floor (when I bought mine the entire bag was missing. I think there's a thread on here about it :)). 

Congrats on the first modular. Now you're going to be on a slippery slope of trying to collect all of them hahaha. 

I just picked up a parisian restaurant with my vip points last week. Will be picking up sopwith camels for investing and maybe a simpsons house (mom wants one LOL) with my points.

Check to make sure that they have all the parts for the third floor (when I bought mine the entire bag was missing. I think there's a thread on here about it :)). 

Congrats on the first modular. Now you're going to be on a slippery slope of trying to collect all of them hahaha. 

I just picked up a parisian restaurant with my vip points last week. Will be picking up sopwith camels for investing and maybe a simpsons house (mom wants one LOL) with my points.

Yeah, I know...I haven't built any large or med Lego set for that matter before.  Love the look of GE.  The PR might be my favourite, A1 or A2 next to GE actually.  Need to find a trading partner so I can have the FB at least :( 

Guest ph4tb0i

I'm looking to pick up a TB. I wish I could drive down to the states to get it though. The price difference is pretty significant.

You should probably do it right at the next VIP too since our dollar has been slowly eroding against the USD (I've pretty much stopped buying Lego from the US because of the exchange rate difference).

Guest ph4tb0i

Yeah, I know...I haven't built any large or med Lego set for that matter before.  Love the look of GE.  The PR might be my favourite, A1 or A2 next to GE actually.  Need to find a trading partner so I can have the FB at least :(

lol i wish i bought 10 of them when they were 110USD in Nov 2012 on Amazon. (that's when I pickecd up my FB)

It was literally at that price for weeks... T_T

I'm looking to pick up a TB. I wish I could drive down to the states to get it though. The price difference is pretty significant.

with the exchange rate now...the savings is not as much as before, plus gas...probably best to buy in April as ph4tb0i mentioned.   

lol i wish i bought 10 of them when they were 110USD in Nov 2012 on Amazon. (that's when I pickecd up my FB)

It was literally at that price for weeks... T_T

damn, I was going to buy it at a local store in Jan for $250...thought about it for a week and by the time I went back the two sets were gone :(  Missed out, I still have the picture on my phone teasing me lol.  I took a STUPID Lego break from Sept-Dec and totally missed out on the FB! 

Give/trade me your used one :P     

Guest ph4tb0i

No way, it's nicely nested in between my GE and Cafe Corner (still need to build my green grocer, pet shop, town hall and parisian restaurant lol). 

still need to get the palace cinema.

SSD is the most logical choice for me! :)

It should be fun next month.

Hoping that either on exclusives or not, that I can stack that deal with my buddies 10% discount from Disneyland, but I guess we'll see...

They (Downtown Disney Legostore) have pretty much done away with the 10% discount on exclusives.  Still works on all other non-sale items though so there is still value there, but all the cashiers don't budge on the big ticket items.