10241 - Maersk Triple-E

jamike08

My worry is that there have been Maersk ships in the past, and they don't look so much different. They did gain in value, but not as much as I would like. And with that history: how likely is it that after EOL there will just be the next version of the Maersk ship?

It`s been a while in between releases though, giving time for this set to gain equity in the market. This one is easily the best looking though, and even with all the stickers (actually, even more so because of them) it makes a great display. If you don`t mind sitting on them, buy a couple now just in case, it will do well in the market guaranteed, only question is how long till EOL. 

There could be an increasing value in the older Maersk sets due to Lego quitting the usage of the shipping company's trademark blue whereas now Lego went with their own medium azure and I expect they will continue to do so from now on. From a builder's standpoint, I would rather go with the color that I know will see continued production in the future over a retired one that will only diminish over time. By comparison, the Maersk Triple-E is a very good display model that is better than the prior Sealand Container Ship one in my opinion. The vast amount of stickers is about the only real detriment here but then again this is a display model for some serious collectors.

If you don`t mind sitting on them, buy a couple now just in case, it will do well in the market guaranteed, only question is how long till EOL. 

I would say "buy two sets, it will not be suspicious, one set this year and the other one next year if it's still LEGO Shop at Home exclusive, and buy them when double VIP point or a month in which you have nothing to buy on LEGO Shop at Home but are interested by the monthly free polybag".

• 1 month later...

I could probably imagine a scenario where one buys boatloads Lego gift cards (with denomination closest to purchase amount) using your main account (or checking out as guest, or in store with cash, if you are that suspicious)... Then checkout multiple times as guest... Ship to your office, using some "Creativity Department" as recipient name (do warn front desk that it is for you though LOL)

P.S. Didn't emazers said something about gift cards... ?

P.P.S. Feel free to erase this post if you consider it immoral

I could probably imagine a scenario where one buys boatloads Lego gift cards (with denomination closest to purchase amount) using your main account (or checking out as guest, or in store with cash, if you are that suspicious)... Then checkout multiple times as guest... Ship to your office, using some "Creativity Department" as recipient name (do warn front desk that it is for you though LOL)

P.S. Didn't emazers said something about gift cards... ?

P.P.S. Feel free to erase this post if you consider it immoral

When they do the manual review they go by the main address and not the dept name or number. They also go by IP address and flash cookies on your comp when your order. And yes they will look at payment method when you purchase a GC. I have been banned many, many times and know the one way to continue ordering from them unmolested and Lego GC is not part of the equation. Personally it is just easier to order from other retailers but if you need this set or a few hundred retiring exclusives and LEGO Shop at Home is the only one instock then you gotta do what you gotta do.