Spreadsheet for sales and purchases

Hi all...thought I posted this the other day but may not have fully posted...

Does someone have a spreadsheet that they would be able share that tracks lego purchases, sales, avg purchase price etc etc. ? A template of sorts if you will...I'm sure this would be of great help to many here or might not otherwise be excel inclined :)

Hi all...thought I posted this the other day but may not have fully posted...

Does someone have a spreadsheet that they would be able share that tracks lego purchases, sales, avg purchase price etc etc. ? A template of sorts if you will...I'm sure this would be of great help to many here or might not otherwise be excel inclined :)

Honestly, how hard can it be?  Create your columns, enter your data.  A few searches on google will tell you how to enter a formula to figure out what you need.  I just use the Brickfolio here.  The next update will add features for sales, etc.  But honestly, to do what you are looking for shouldn't be hard.  You could also hire someone to do what you might want. Everyone has their own system.  If you are a super serious person, there are plenty of sales and inventory apps out there, it doesn't need to be excel.

Yes, I don't think this would be very hard to do, unless you have absolutely no clue as to what you are doing.  For tracking stuff, you don't need advanced Excel skills.  Why don't you just try it and see how it comes out.  There are tons of Excel tutorial sites out there that will give you formulas for averages, etc.  Or do you not want to put in the effort?  Do you buy and sell a lot ?  If so, I agree that maybe you want to buy a real inventory application and sales for taxes etc...

There are also so many flavors to this gig.  I am new to the game and have been kinda trying everything to get a feel for things.  And it does get complicated quickly.  My excel tracker started as a simple list of inventory and has blossomed into a multi-tabbed nightmare that tracks my Collection, inventory, Part Outs, Used craigslist lots, bulk lots, associated costs and sold items.  So if you know what you want to do it will be much easier to get there. :P

I had some experience with excel but mainly I just let it evolve as I learned and gained experience.  Just remember, google is your friend....

Like the other guys said, if you are looking for something excel based, there are dozens of templates out there.  Just search for them and then learn to modify it for what "YOU" need.  Everyone has different requirements.

I just did a quick search and see pages of options:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/online-sales-tracker-TC103107652.aspx

Here is another link that has 32 different options, something has to be in there for you :)

http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/01/04/sales-dashboards/